I got a 3 month subscription for Mint, to test how well they work. @dpham00 laid out everything quite well. So I will skip right to my Pros and Cons.

This sim card was placed in a Nexus 5X, and tested in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area.

Pros:
    -The price. This is among the cheapest way to get cellular service. Even the non introductory rate is really reasonable.
    -Setup. The Mint site has a pretty good layout for describing how to set the APN. I was up and running with Mint in about 5-10 minutes @dpham00 mentioned not needing to set up any of the APNs on his Pixel. I did have to manually change the APN on the Nexus. Wasn't hard though; they went through every possible line and what needed to be input, even if nothing needed to go in a specific field.
    -Coverage area. Had good to high signal where I went. So there wasn't any gaps in coverage.

Cons:
    -I did get some slower data speeds. However, they didn't last long, so I tallied that to a network glitch. This might also be echoing what dpham said about net lag. It honestly didn't bother me too much. I know with MVNOs sometimes users get bumped for data priority, and that may have been what happened here. As I recall, it was a weekend day near the lunch hour.

Neutral:
    -Call quality: I don't make many voice calls. What I heard sounded fine. No different from AT&T or Sprint when I had them.

That is really all I can think of. I would honestly say give them a shot. Start by getting an independent number at first. This way you aren't porting your number and find out that it doesn't work for you.
    Aquila likes this.
    04-18-2017 07:54 AM
    It's running on T-Mobile towers right?
    04-18-2017 08:37 AM
    It's running on T-Mobile towers right?
    Yup. The blog covered that part here: Introducing Mint SIM, the perfect way to get cheap data in the U.S. | Android Central
    Aquila likes this.
    04-18-2017 08:56 AM
    My experience has been about the same as the OP. Only issue I have is with the password to get into my account. No matter how many times I change it, it won't accept it next time I log in. So I just keep using the temp password they sent via text. Kind of a pain, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I also grabbed a year of service for my mom (2GB/mo). Only issue was the activation code on the sim card wasn't able to activate the service online. I had to call CS. They got the service up and running within a couple of minutes.

Other than those two minor issues, it's been great.
    04-22-2017 10:37 AM