I have a Pixel XL, Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X available. Have a sim coming later today. Is there any advantage to using one device over another to test the network?
    05-01-2017 08:12 AM
    I don't know for sure which bands each of those support, but make sure if you want a "good" indicator of the coverage, that the one you use has lte bands 4 and 12, and support volte, otherwise you'll be using the legacy gsm network that has much lower coverage. I'm pretty sure the Pixel and 6p support them, not quite sure about the 5x.
    05-01-2017 09:41 AM
    Hi Aquila!

Having used all these devices on the T-Mobile network I have not seen significant differences between the lot (all have worked without issue). Do you plan on using one as a daily driver? Other reasons you want to be testing the network?
    05-01-2017 09:42 AM
    I currently use the Pixel XL and Nexus 6P on Verizon; will continue to use two lines on Verizon and I want to test a third number on T-Mobile with a third device. I'm testing the network to determine if it's feasible for me to switch all my lines to T-Mobile.
    05-01-2017 09:55 AM
    I use a Pixel on T-MOBILE with no issues what so ever.. I find that I actually get better reception with the Pixel over older phones I've used on their network. My previous phone was an HTC M8 just for reference.
    05-01-2017 11:06 AM
    I have a Pixel XL, Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X available. Have a sim coming later today. Is there any advantage to using one device over another to test the network?
    Use a real phone... like a Galaxy S3
    05-01-2017 01:44 PM
    I currently use the Pixel XL and Nexus 6P on Verizon; will continue to use two lines on Verizon and I want to test a third number on T-Mobile with a third device. I'm testing the network to determine if it's feasible for me to switch all my lines to T-Mobile.
    From my experience (and this is purely based on if you have good coverage or not), but I find unlocked devices working significantly better reception wise on T-Mobile. For example, i'll put my Verizon sim in my pixel and check the battery stats for the day. Signal will always show yellow and very little green. Pop in my T-Mobile sim and its flip flopped. Something about Nexus/Pixel devices and Verizon just don't jive as well as i'd like to see. Again, YMMV
    05-01-2017 02:30 PM
    All 3 phones support all of T-Mobiles current lte bands 2,4,12.
    However the pixel supports
    LTE cat 9 which allows up to 600MB theoretical download speeds.
    Where as the Nexus 6p and 5x supports LTE cat 6 which allows up to 300MB theoretical download speeds.
    I would opt for the pixel for your testing Imo.
    Aquila and bmhillegass87 like this.
    05-01-2017 02:41 PM
    I've used my pixel for the 3 weeks I had that piece of crap. I sold it and bought my ZTE axon7. Twice the phone and works great on tm. My galaxy s7 edge also works great on T-mobile.
    05-12-2017 04:03 PM
    I've used my pixel for the 3 weeks I had that piece of crap. I sold it and bought my ZTE axon7. Twice the phone and works great on tm. My galaxy s7 edge also works great on T-mobile.
    This wasn't funny the first 30 times, it's not funny now. You're obviously well aware of the rules against trolling. Refresh yourself on them and readjust according.
    05-12-2017 04:05 PM