Unlocking a phone?

david61983

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I have a Note 5 that Ive been using on Tmobile for 45 days but the unlock app says it cannot be unlocked. Any reason why not? I thought it just had to be on the network for 40 days.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a Note 5 that Ive been using on Tmobile for 45 days but the unlock app says it cannot be unlocked. Any reason why not? I thought it just had to be on the network for 40 days.

Their site says that but they don't abide by that.

I had a S7 Edge that I made five monthly payments on. I tried each moth to unlock it using the app and each time, it said the phone wasn't eligible. I paid off the phone last week and immediately ran the unlock app. It unlocked the phone two minutes after I made the payoff.

They may require that you pay the phone off as well. My Note 5 was paid for upon ordering way back but it's the only phone that I own that I haven't asked them to unlock yet.

Last edited:

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
@david61983 make sure you meet the unlocking requirements. 40 days, for example, has been interpreted to apply to phones on postpaid accounts.

If you do meet the requirements, file a complaint at the Better Business Bureau (BBB.) TMO still seems to reply to those. If that doesn't work...try an FCC complaint. Good luck.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
@david61983 make sure you meet the unlocking requirements. 40 days, for example, has been interpreted to apply to phones on postpaid accounts.

If you do meet the requirements, file a complaint at the Better Business Bureau (BBB.) TMO still seems to reply to those. If that doesn't work...try an FCC complaint. Good luck.
You could do all that.. but since it's paid off just contact support either by phone or chat. They'll fix it in no time for the app to allow the unlock.

Speaking from experience :)

Goosinurwife

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site

i paid cash for a lg g 6 had month n some days when i failed to pay the bill tried to unlock it usin the app it failed said some crap so i contacted support on twitter it took 2 days and i sent in proof i paid cash for the phone n still the account info never mached up LoL in the end they caved in an unlocked it so you should have better luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair