T-Mobile launching new Unlimited 55+ plan with two lines for $60 per month

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Of course... I mean, the deal is geared towards a group that, for the most part, are on fixed incomes. Good move.

smallville kc

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
So I am doing this right now. In fact it is done. I got the 10gb of 4G hotspot on my phone as well so it is 70 bucks a month TOTAL.

Saves us 15 bucks a month off our 6gb plan with datastash on each of our lines. No brainer.

Last edited:

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Ageism? Lol

Guess you could call it that lol. Senior discounts exist all over the place, so do military discount and student discounts.

This is a good cheap plan, but let's be honest, seniors don't need unlimited data, they aren't the ones streaming stuff and posting to social media all day.

smallville kc

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Guess you could call it that lol. Senior discounts exist all over the place, so do military discount and student discounts.

This is a good cheap plan, but let's be honest, seniors don't need unlimited data, they aren't the ones streaming stuff and posting to social media all day.
That's what they are banking on. I haven't even used my 6gb in a single month yet but I always make sure I am on Wi-Fi when possible. Now I don't need to worry about that.

With T-Mobile though, your music and video streaming don't count against your data anyway. Otherwise I would be over my 6gb all the time.

But for me it means saving 15 bucks a month (I had a corporate discount that let me pay 85 a month instead of 94). But off the regular unlimited for two lines with the 10gb hotspot on one line that would be 110 a month so someone who is 55 would save 40 bucks a month on that.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

I see this as different from a discount You can still buy a product without the discount, you'll just be paying more. Here, you can't buy this product (the 55+ plan) without being a...senior.

That's what they are banking on. I haven't even used my 6gb in a single month yet but I always make sure I am on Wi-Fi when possible. Now I don't need to worry about that.

I think you're spot on. I think they're trying to pick up customers, a lot of who will be essentially just talk and text (which, I believe, is $25/line on prepaid, so higher ARPU at $60 here) and even at 2-3GB a month won't be too difficult on the network. Smart thinking.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I see this as different from a discount You can still buy a product without the discount, you'll just be paying more. Here, you can't buy this product (the 55+ plan) without being a...senior.

But.. you can get the product without the discount. It's called the T-Mobile ONE plan. It's the same plan.. just discounted for seniors. It's the same thing you just said.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Is it? From what I'm seeing, the One Plus tiers/add-ons may not be an option for the seniors, only HD day passes.
It is. It says so right in the press release and FAQ.

Starting August 9, qualified customers can get T-Mobile ONE for the incredibly low price of just $60/mo total for two lines with taxes and fees included (after $5 per line AutoPay discount). This includes unlimited talk, text, and 4G LTE smartphone data along with other great T-Mobile ONE benefits!

That's why I was confused as to your comment since it's plastered everywhere that it's the same plan.. just discounted for seniors .

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
It is. It says so right in the press release and FAQ.

That's why I was confused as to your comment since it's plastered everywhere that it's the same plan.. just discounted for seniors .

Check the dedicated page for Unlimited 55+. There's no mention of ONE Plus or ONE Plus International.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Check the dedicated page for Unlimited 55+. There's no mention of ONE Plus or ONE Plus International.
Oh I thought you were saying it wasn't T-Mobile ONE. As if it's a different plan you or I couldn't get by paying more.. but we can.

Also from seeing Reddit.. plenty of senior people are adding the extra options without issue :).

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Oh I thought you were saying it wasn't T-Mobile ONE. As if it's a different plan you or I couldn't get by paying more.. but we can.

Also from seeing Reddit.. plenty of senior people are adding the extra options without issue :).

Well I was saying that it isn't the ONE you or I can get, because the add-ons weren't an option (based on the lack of advertisement/fine print around them.) But if the 55+ plan customers can sign up for them, then yeah, it's just a senior discount.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well I was saying that it isn't the ONE you or I can get, because the add-ons weren't an option (based on the lack of advertisement/fine print around them.) But if the 55+ plan customers can sign up for them, then yeah, it's just a senior discount.
Yep they can from what people on Reddit are doing. From people actually singing up for it to kids having their Mom and Dad signing up for them and the bf/GF/etc. Using it instead.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

With T-Mobile though, your music and video streaming don't count against your data anyway. Otherwise I would be over my 6gb all the time.

But for me it means saving 15 bucks a month (I had a corporate discount that let me pay 85 a month instead of 94). But off the regular unlimited for two lines with the 10gb hotspot on one line that would be 110 a month so someone who is 55 would save 40 bucks a month on that.

Since when does TMO offer that? What music services can be streamed without counting toward your data? Spotify? Pandora? What video services? Netflix?

I read that they cancelled the whole "streaming music/videos" without it hitting your data count was discontinued long ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781