Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

Well it wasn't recording it all this time since the February Unlimited plans but it looks like they have fixed whatever it was so now it will be enforced at the 15 GB threshold then hard throttle the hotspot down. This will begin on 9/6.
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon Hotspot Limit -- Enforcement to being on Sept. 6th-vzw_hotspot_enforce.png  
    08-31-2017 05:27 PM
    Maybe Verizon needs to start investing in their Network more if they are having congestion issues before people start flocking to other carriers. The other carriers are starting to catch up with Verizon.
    recDNA likes this.
    08-31-2017 07:09 PM
    Maybe Verizon needs to start investing in their Network more if they are having congestion issues before people start flocking to other carriers. The other carriers are starting to catch up with Verizon.
    Well to be honest.. this limit should have been there from the start. It's a hard limit on tethering. It just wasn't working so they're fixing that.
    08-31-2017 08:41 PM
    Well to be honest.. this limit should have been there from the start. It's a hard limit on tethering. It just wasn't working so they're fixing that.
    Do you know if they are fixing it so you can see the tether usage separate.
    08-31-2017 08:45 PM
    Do you know if they are fixing it so you can see the tether usage separate.
    It'll start counting and yes you can see it via the website. The app hasn't been updated yet.
    08-31-2017 08:46 PM
    Does this apply to customers who has Verizon unlimited, prior to all this?
    09-01-2017 08:23 AM
    Does this apply to customers who has Verizon unlimited, prior to all this?
    Yes. After 15 GB the hard throttle will kick in.
    09-01-2017 08:56 AM
    We are suppose to have 2G speeds after 10GB on At&t, but 2 of my lines have been using 30-80GB a month and says it never slows down.
    09-01-2017 09:02 AM
    Hotspot enforcement started today for me and you can see hotspot usage in the app now.
    09-06-2017 05:18 PM
    Hotspot enforcement started today for me and you can see hotspot usage in the app now.
    Dpham00: are you speaking about the smartphone My Verizon app or on the website? If so could you point out where you find this info, as mine doesn't show it... either in the side bar menu or under usage on the app. Thanks
    09-07-2017 01:09 AM
    Dpham00: are you speaking about the smartphone My Verizon app or on the website? If so could you point out where you find this info, as mine doesn't show it... either in the side bar menu or under usage on the app. Thanks
    I saw it in the app. Data -details.
    09-07-2017 01:06 PM
    After using the wireless hotspot on phones since 2010, this is the first week the 15GB threshold is kicking in for us. It is happening with each device one at a time as we go over our limit. One device is not getting the slow speeds on wireless hotspot, but normal speeds with usb tethering. The limit is being enforced with hotspot usage on both rooted phones and the non-rooted Foxfi phones we have. I originally had the grandfathered unlimited plan from 2010 but in March I switched to the new unlimited plan, and the sales people at Verizon said nothing would change. They assured me multiple times at different stores that the new plan would be the same as my grandfathered unlimited plan under which I have been enjoying unlimited hotspot usage without issue. This is the main reason I chose Verizon, so hopefully there is a solution soon or maybe a switch is in order.
    09-25-2017 11:18 AM
    After using the wireless hotspot on phones since 2010, this is the first week the 15GB threshold is kicking in for us. It is happening with each device one at a time as we go over our limit. One device is not getting the slow speeds on wireless hotspot, but normal speeds with usb tethering. The limit is being enforced with hotspot usage on both rooted phones and the non-rooted Foxfi phones we have. I originally had the grandfathered unlimited plan from 2010 but in March I switched to the new unlimited plan, and the sales people at Verizon said nothing would change. They assured me multiple times at different stores that the new plan would be the same as my grandfathered unlimited plan under which I have been enjoying unlimited hotspot usage without issue. This is the main reason I chose Verizon, so hopefully there is a solution soon or maybe a switch is in order.
    Never trust reps. Always verify for yourself.

The only other company that does unlimited hotspot is AT&T. T-Mobile has a version of it but does have a clause that if majority of your usage is hotspot versus phone they can boot you off.
    09-25-2017 04:40 PM