Beware of Verizon offer of extra minutes

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Received a call from a Verizon rep. today trying to get me to use my upgrades and promoting great deals on new phones etc.. I explained to her that I am waiting until at least July when one of my lines is eligible for an upgrade so that all my lines (4 total) will all be eligible at the same time. Long story short she offered me 500 overage minutes in case I go over my alloted 700 minutes per month. She explained how it will not affect my upgrades or my package deal that is in place. Sounded good and ask how long the 500 minutes would be good for. She said for 2 years. The only thing she didn't mention is that it will automatically renew me for another 2 years with Verizon. As of now, only one of my lines is still under the existing two year agreement which means that when that ends in July I can go to any other carrier if I choose too. I told her I do not want the extra 500 overage minutes (I only use about 200 of the 700 I get) because I did not want to be tricked into renewing my 2 year contract. She had no problem telling me all the things that wouldn't get affected by this promotion but somehow forgot to tell me until I asked that it would automatically re-up you to a new 2 year contract.
If you are looking to upgrade and renew your contract this is a great deal if you happen to go over your alloted minutes but be careful if they call you with any type of promotion because in my opinion they are trying to trick people into re-upping for another 2 years.