Xfinity Mobile

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey ladies and gentlemen. I read some of your comments on BYOD, and felt compelled to post a remark.

Xfinity Mobile, like everyone knows, does not offer a BYOD option at purchase time.

You have to sign up and purchase one of the devices. In my case I purchased the LG X Charge on the monthly $7 plan.

But....I can confirm that the nano SIM from the LG X Charge, will work on most newer Verizon smartphones.

I have tested the SIM in a Verizon iPhone 6S, 7, 7 Plus, Galaxy S7, and Galaxy S6.

I popped in the X Charge's SIM, in all the above devices and spend two days per device to confirm everything works.

There is once convenient feature that appears to be not available on the BYOD Android devices....

When I am using my X Charge and I come across an Xfinity Hot Spot, my device connects automatically to Hot Spot. Works flawlessly!

However, that does not work on the BYOD devices I have tested. You can connect, but does not happen automatically.

What's interesting, on iPhone it works. A security profile gets downloades and that aids the auto connect to Xfinity Hot Spots.

Let the know if you have questions?

RonW3

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I found this to be the case as well. I spoke with an Xfinity Mobile rep that stated their intent to have this issue resolved by end of this year and this will allow all Android users to BYOD over to XM.