Got a major issue with Sprint? Retentions is the way to go.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
It's the place to go where Sprint will absolutely try and give you what you want to keep you. Right now, gonna see if it pans out.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
It seems that you are not at all happy with sprint, and coverage in your area due to your constant negative comments about sprint. Calling retentions wont fix your service.

If the carrier is not good for YOU, then switch.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Of course I am going to drop them, but I can't do anything with a broken device that I paid for. Besides, least I could do is give them one more chance since the rep was respectable.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Of course I am going to drop them, but I can't do anything with a broken device that I paid for. Besides, least I could do is give them one more chance since the rep was respectable.

The rep cannot fix your bad coverage. Whatever carrier you switch too, you will also be paying more for the coverage as sprint has the best pricing out of the carriers.

In your case, you get what you pay for.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
That goes both ways - you pay less, you get less.

And best pricing? If you look at it, Sprint's pricing is right about the same as Verizon's. Verizon has presence in a lot of schools, so that means discount. Plus, they have the best coverage.

And yes, Sprint's price and coverage is why I chose them at first. But then the $10 data fee for "rich data" that they can never explain, that boosts their cheapest plan up to $79.99

T-Mobile has a plan right now where you can get unlimited text, 1000 talk, and unlimited data for the same price over Sprint's 450 minutes plan.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
That goes both ways - you pay less, you get less.

And best pricing? If you look at it, Sprint's pricing is right about the same as Verizon's. Verizon has presence in a lot of schools, so that means discount. Plus, they have the best coverage.

And yes, Sprint's price and coverage is why I chose them at first. But then the $10 data fee for "rich data" that they can never explain, that boosts their cheapest plan up to $79.99

T-Mobile has a plan right now where you can get unlimited text, 1000 talk, and unlimited data for the same price over Sprint's 450 minutes plan.

With any mobile any time minutes don't matter as much on sprint. You'll be surprised how fast 1000 minutes goes without it.

And t-mobile starts throttling your data at 5gb. Unless you're talking about that promotional $79.99/mo plan. Then the throttling starts at 2gb. And when you're throttled you get dial-up speeds.

So Sprint is still the best deal IMO. If coverage our service sucks in your area, though, obviously they aren't going to work for you. But on a price/feature basis they are the best.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
With any mobile any time minutes don't matter as much on sprint. You'll be surprised how fast 1000 minutes goes without it.

And t-mobile starts throttling your data at 5gb. Unless you're talking about that promotional $79.99/mo plan. Then the throttling starts at 2gb. And when you're throttled you get dial-up speeds.

So Sprint is still the best deal IMO. If coverage our service sucks in your area, though, obviously they aren't going to work for you. But on a price/feature basis they are the best.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Minutes isn't really a concern to me since I don't do a lot of talking. Just was for comparisons.

But I checked their site and their plans and only the promotional plan had the capped speeds. I didn't see it on other plans.

i have to disagree though. Sprint's cheapest smartphone plan is like $79.99 now.

Verizon is $59.99(unlimited text+450 talk) + $30 Data Plan

Though it's cheaper for me thanks to their educational discount.

But even if Sprint's slightly cheaper, the old addage applies - you get what you pay for.

Some people get excellent service from Sprint. But overall, it's pretty mixed.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Minutes isn't really a concern to me since I don't do a lot of talking. Just was for comparisons.

But I checked their site and their plans and only the promotional plan had the capped speeds. I didn't see it on other plans.

i have to disagree though. Sprint's cheapest smartphone plan is like $79.99 now.

Verizon is $59.99(unlimited text+450 talk) + $30 Data Plan

Though it's cheaper for me thanks to their educational discount.

But even if Sprint's slightly cheaper, the old addage applies - you get what you pay for.

Some people get excellent service from Sprint. But overall, it's pretty mixed.

Then why don't you switch? Can't get approved by the other carriers? If I was having as much problems as you are with Sprint, I would be long gone.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
As with all carriers. There is people with the same problems on all of them.

and then there's Sprint. I thought the NFL app thing was one even though I don't care for it, but the text notification thing from TWC is pushing it. My point, it's not just customers having problems with Sprint

Then why don't you switch? Can't get approved by the other carriers? If I was having as much problems as you are with Sprint, I would be long gone.

I have no problem getting approved by other carriers. However it's a matter of principle here. Besides, I will leave as soon as I catch wind of the phone I want.