Made the switch!

smunro622

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Switched last week from Verizon and happy. They paid off my note 8, also did buy one get one as I had 5 lines.
Sporting another note 8 and very happy.

James Rogers2

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile in January and now I unfortunately have to switch back. I drive alot for work and travel to alot of rural areas, T-MOBILE just can't give me a signal in some of the areas I travel. I really hate to leave because I'm on the 55 and over plan, and I have to pay off my Note 8

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile in January and now I unfortunately have to switch back. I drive alot for work and travel to alot of rural areas, T-MOBILE just can't give me a signal in some of the areas I travel. I really hate to leave because I'm on the 55 and over plan, and I have to pay off my Note 8
That sucks I'm also on the 55 plus plan with my wife (Acct under mommys name) and I'm saving tons. Live in NYC

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Rural coverage is my main concern as well. I'm still testing this out. On the upside, I have really good coverage in places where Verizon was almost non-existent.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Rural coverage is my main concern as well. I'm still testing this out. On the upside, I have really good coverage in places where Verizon was almost non-existent.
That's what surprised me the most... I use my phone in some areas where Verizon has always been a problem. The local indoor soccer arena was particularly troublesome on Verizon, but T-Mobile comes in loud and clear.

I hope the rural areas work out for you. I don't have to venture out into the country all that often, so that wasn't a consideration when I switched.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
That's what surprised me the most... I use my phone in some areas where Verizon has always been a problem. The local indoor soccer arena was particularly troublesome on Verizon, but T-Mobile comes in loud and clear.

I hope the rural areas work out for you. I don't have to venture out into the country all that often, so that wasn't a consideration when I switched.
I ride a motorcycle and my buddy and I like to ride out in more rural areas. If the coverage isn't awful, I'll probably stick with T-Mo as I have zero complaints so far. The speeds are much better than Verizon in my experience. And while I rarely ever ran out of data on Verizon I get more data on T-Mo for the same amount of money.

Because I use prepaid and have an unlocked phone I can switch easily if I have to.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of closing my T-Mobile accounts. Right now, I have three all in lines for $100 but using any of these lines as a hotspot is actually so slow it makes it not worth it because they want me to pay for faster hotspot. All in means video streams at normal speeds and music is included which doesn't count towards data usage but three lines has always been overkill for me.

T-Mobile has been good for me al these years and they have been the only ones to get me data that I can actually use at my house whereas AT&T and Verizon average about 500Kbps until I go a few blocks from my house.

I finally got approved for an AT&T account yesterday and opened a bring my own device line and the sim card is being delivered today. AT&T is great in my area but as I said, just not at home. I can get around that with WiFi calling and just using WiFi instead of data here. For times I need to use hotspot at home such as during a power outage, I can simply apply a payment to one of my two activated prepaid T-Mobile sims. One is the old $30 100 minutes 5GB deal and the other is the $50 unlimited 10GB deal and hotspot speeds aren't slowed down on these plans like the all in plan I have. AT&T is about $30 less then what I am paying on T-Mobile. I just can't see continuing to pay $100 for three lines on T-Mobile when I really only need one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze