05-28-2018 12:04 AM
62 123
tools
    I moved to Verizon from T-Mobile a couple of weeks ago. It was a bit of a rough start with getting the new phones and having them straighten out the first bill that isn't due for a couple of weeks but other than that there are a few things I like more about it already then T-Mobile.

Does anyone else have switched from T-Mobile to Verizon. The real test is how things go month by month. So we shall see.
    05-17-2018 05:39 AM
    Congrats! I think @Almeuit made that switch a few months ago
    recDNA likes this.
    05-17-2018 09:11 AM
    Yep. I was with T-Mobile for about 2 or 3 years then swapped to Verizon last year when they introduced the unlimited plan.

Amy are you talking about the month to month on billing and such?
    Congrats! I think @Almeuit made that switch a few months ago
    05-17-2018 09:12 AM
    Yep. I was with T-Mobile for about 2 or 3 years then swapped to Verizon last year when they introduced the unlimited plan.

Amy are you talking about the month to month on billing and such?
    Month to month? I just meant I switched all my lines to them about 2 weeks ago. All new phones too through them plus the tablet I've had with them since Feb
    05-17-2018 09:18 AM
    Yeah you asked how things go month by month. I wasn't sure if you meant service or billing wise.

Also which plan did you go with ?
    Month to month? I just meant I switched all my lines to them about 2 weeks ago. All new phones too through them plus the tablet I've had with them since Feb
    05-17-2018 09:19 AM
    Unlimited of course. But the regular unlimited not the plus. Works well for us.
    05-17-2018 09:20 AM
    You made a wise move. Verizon has the best coverage in more areas, across the country, then any other carrier.
    05-17-2018 11:29 AM
    Unlimited of course. But the regular unlimited not the plus. Works well for us.
    Well I meant "Go" unlimited or "Beyond" unlimited.
    05-17-2018 11:29 AM
    Go Unlimited.
    Well I meant "Go" unlimited or "Beyond" unlimited.
    05-17-2018 11:30 AM
    Go Unlimited.
    Ah okay . Yeah you will have to see how it goes. The only down side to "Go" is really the always being de-prioritized.. But if your area doesn't have much congestion you won't see any slow downs.
    05-17-2018 11:32 AM
    Verizon is the best!
    05-19-2018 01:17 AM
    I went from Sprint to Verizon a year and a half ago and so far so good. Bill is a bit less than with Sprint, though I'm not looking forward to getting new phones with even more bloatware on them in the future...
    05-19-2018 11:25 AM
    So far I like it. I like that there were no down payments on the phones, just tax. iPhone 8 plus, two galaxy S9 pluses
    05-19-2018 12:39 PM
    Im running both TMobile and Verizon, with both working fairly well overall
    amyf27 likes this.
    05-20-2018 05:49 AM
    I recently left TMobile and switched to Verizon. So far Verizon is working very well, no complaints from me

I left TMobile due to getting quite a lot of calls that went straight to voicemail and wouldn't ring on my end. I understand that can be part of technology since it's not perfect but it happened way too much even with a band 12 and even band 71 phone so I was current with the latest bands.

I still use and like having a TMobile line on prepaid as a backup since I'm off work late and often drive home at 2am, so having both Verizon and TMobile works out. I never had issues calling out with TMobile, just inbound calls were a problem
    All depending I may move one line back to TMobile, depends on offers coming up with the Note 9, etc.
    05-20-2018 05:52 AM
    All depending I may move one line back to TMobile, depends on offers coming up with the Note 9, etc.
    Yeah TMobile is solid in a lot of ways. When band 71 gets more widespread things should be really good. I believe their band 12 is only 5x5 while band 71 is more on average.

That's why I like prepaid also. Gives feasible options for backup lines
    05-20-2018 05:58 AM
    Yeah TMobile is solid in a lot of ways. When band 71 gets more widespread things should be really good. I believe their band 12 is only 5x5 while band 71 is more on average.

That's why I like prepaid also. Gives feasible options for backup lines
    With the recent merger with Sprint, I'm not sure what'll happen with them. I imagine they'll get stronger overall.
    05-20-2018 06:01 AM
    With the recent merger with Sprint, I'm not sure what'll happen with them. I imagine they'll get stronger overall.
    They should. Seems like TMobile low band 600 and sprints higher bands should give way to a great network.

I still wonder if it will get approval from the gov. If that goes through we should have 3 solid carriers all the way around

Not sure what that means for competition price wise but I don't think we will see unlimited for $50, and if we do it wouldn't last long
    05-20-2018 06:06 AM
    They should. Seems like TMobile low band 600 and sprints higher bands should give way to a great network.

I still wonder if it will get approval from the gov. If that goes through we should have 3 solid carriers all the way around

Not sure what that means for competition price wise but I don't think we will see unlimited for $50, and if we do it wouldn't last long
    I thought it was official this time
    05-20-2018 06:30 AM
    I thought it was official this time
    Official between the two companies but still needs gov approval

Could take a year for that to go through
    05-20-2018 06:43 AM
    I made a switch from Verizon to Tmobile been with tmobile for 9 years no complaints
    05-21-2018 02:56 PM
    I switched from T-mobile to Sprint to Verizon and back to T-mobile.

Sprint was definitely my biggest regret.

Verizon had good service, but billing wasn’t always straightforward particularly when you changed plans, added a line or upgraded a phone. Verizon always was very time consuming just to upgrade a phone. Verizon had expensive data packages and we where adding our son to the plan so T-mobile’s unlimited plan and buyout promo encouraged us to switch carriers.

I prefer GSM networks for the ease of adding a phone and T-mobile makes it very easy to make changes to your account and billing statements are clear. T-mobile’s customer service is very fast and 99% the agent is extremely knowledgeable. I have only had one instance of an agent not able to make account changes due to their lack of knowledge and calling back to speak with a new agent quickly resolved the confusion. T-mobile’s value adding is nice and the service has been great (though rural trips away from towns the service becomes spotty).

Overall I am happy with T-Mobile and their customer-centric business model coupled with fast internet speeds has kept our business.
    05-22-2018 07:49 AM
    Been a long term Verizon customer.. Cannot beat them for coverage, data reliability!... Customer service is #1 !
    dpadams6 and recDNA like this.
    05-22-2018 07:51 AM
    I have made the switch both ways from each carrier. Started with and had my very first phone with Verizon for a few years until after college. Switched to T-Mobile right before all the UnCarrier initiatives began and overall was a great experience, especially with T-Mo corporate being right in my backyard. Then came a move to a more rural part of the state and bye went T-Mobile. Overall Verizon costs us a tad more, but it is literally the only carrier that works where I live so you cant dog them for costing more. Enjoyed both for what they're good at.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-22-2018 09:54 AM
    i have experienced great customer service with T-Mobile, only gripe with VZW customer service is it seems they have a scripted set of hoops you have to jump through to get any sort of resolution
    05-22-2018 09:55 AM
62 123