Are too many people disconnecting and costing verizon
    05-23-2018 09:22 AM
    Are you under contract? If so, they've always had steep disconnection fees - and that's been common across US-based carriers for as long as I can remember. They're also pro-rated based on the amount of time left on the contract.

But the big 4 (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint) have moved away from contract-based subscriptions, and are instead using a device-installment plan (pay for the full price of the phone in installments over some number of months - 24 with T-Mobile). If you cancel while your phone is still under such an agreement, then you'll have to pay the remaining balance of the phone. Makes sense, right?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    05-23-2018 09:34 AM
    There are no disconnection fees unless you are in a contract (and breaking it by leaving early) or you have a phone payment that you haven't paid off (which you would have to pay off on ANY carrier).

Otherwise leaving has no other costs except for the month you were on.
    05-23-2018 02:16 PM
    And, if it's close to the end of the month, the service ending can get |posted" the day after the end of the current month, adding a few bucks to the bill, which you receive in the mail a little over a month after you discontinued service. It's not much, but add up all the people leaving, and in one month you could pay for a dozen of any phone on the market and have plenty left over.
    05-23-2018 05:27 PM
    What fee?
    05-23-2018 05:28 PM
    There are no disconnection fees unless you are in a contract (and breaking it by leaving early) or you have a phone payment that you haven't paid off (which you would have to pay off on ANY carrier).

Otherwise leaving has no other costs except for the month you were on.
    Verizon disconnect fees are from you phone line being shut off due to late payments.

Termination fee is what happens when your line of service is cancelled but that was mostly a contract thing.
    05-23-2018 07:19 PM