Email on Fi account

Hypnotoadd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I recently got married, & I'm working on converting everything from my old personal Gmail email (which contains my old last name) to my new personal Gmail email.

I did an online chat with Google Fi today, they're telling me they can only change my email by cancelling the current Fi account & creating a new one. The kicker is, when we bought our Pixel phones (a gen 1 XL & gen 2 regular Pixel), they were bought with device protection & Google says I'll lose that on the new account. Has anyone successfully changed their email address & not had this issue?

I'm wondering if there's some special, magical way to ask for this, that won't cause us to lose our device protection. Otherwise, it's not a huge deal to keep the old email account around until we replace these phones, but that could be another year away.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
My personal suggestion would be to simply have your old email address automatically forwarded emails to your new email address.

Hypnotoadd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
That's what we'll have to do. It's just crazy that they can't easily change an email address without screwing things up.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
That's what we'll have to do. It's just crazy that they can't easily change an email address without screwing things up.

Gmail address = Google account.

They're not in the business of creating aliases like you would with work/Exchange/business emails.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana