• Start date
A

Android Central Question

Can I unlock it under contract without going through sprint

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
With Sprint???

You would have to buy out the phone and then request it to be unlocked.
You would and not exaggerating, have to call almost every other day until it's unlocked.
Ran into this trouble when I paid off my S6 edge plus and my daughter's s6 edge at the time. Total nightmare.

But they were unlocked and I sold them. Only so many carriers can pull Sim and reactivate through their Network.
Good Luck.

Sprint is the only one who can unlock the phone.

Last edited:

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
There are companies out there that can unlock any phone without it being paid off, but they will charge you a price for the service. You can search for them online.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
With Sprint???

No you can. You must pay the phone off. Request it to be unlocked. And all this must be done through Sprint only. Sprint doesn't like to unlock their phones, even once paid off. You really have to stay on them 24)7. Then you'll get an email verifying is been unlocked, usually takes 72 hours. Also an S8 is a good phone another carrier that's CDMA would like to activate for you. Verizon is tricky. Boost will do it. Also Cricket I think. Forget about Metro and T- Mo.
You just have to research it and you'll find another carrier. Forget about Xfinity as well, 2 times.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
There are companies out there that can unlock any phone without it being paid off, but they will charge you a price for the service. You can search for them online.

Respectfully a phone through Sprint. The way it's set up now. No phone can be unlocked unless paid off or bought right out.
Them EMEI numbers are on lockdown.
DEX and HEX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12