Well now that the government has approved the merger. How is this going to effect Google Fi?
    12-18-2018 02:25 PM
    I'd guess that if anything, it'll make things easier for Google, since they'll have to deal with one fewer company in their agreements. It might also improve the overall service, since the phone probably wouldn't have to deal with the decision to switch networks between T-Mobile and Sprint. I've heard tech pundits complain about how the phone will stay on T-Mobile towers, even in the relatively uncommon cases where Sprint is stronger and faster in the area.
    12-18-2018 02:37 PM
    For the user, in the near future, it shouldn't make any difference. Where you now connect to a Sprint tower, you'll continue to connect to a Sprint tower, where you now connect to a TMO tower, you'll continue to connect to a TMO tower.

But I suspect (due to prior experience - see Nextel - and Legere's statement that it will take at least 3 years to "migrate Spprint's customers to TMobile") that Sprint will eventually go away. Then we'll have 2 GSM carriers - AT&T and TMobile - and one CDMA carrier - Verizon. (And, supposedly, TMO's prices will decrease - we'll have to see about that.)
    12-18-2018 02:54 PM
    First off, the government has NOT approved the merger. They were only ok'ed through the national security portion of the process. They still have a few more hoops to jump through.
    Well now that the government has approved the merger. How is this going to effect Google Fi?
    kct1975 likes this.
    12-18-2018 04:00 PM
    First off, the government has NOT approved the merger. They were only ok'ed through the national security portion of the process. They still have a few more hoops to jump through.
    You are CORRECT

The Federal Gov't Shutdown has once again Paused the Sprint/T-Mobile Merger...

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...-merger-review
    01-08-2019 08:57 AM