free Caller ID in March?

filanto

May 19, 2016
Visit site
So does Verizon know that it is half way through March already and they have not made the caller ID free like they said they would. Wish they would just let us use the Samsung phone app instead of the limited one

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So does Verizon know that it is half way through March already and they have not made the caller ID free like they said they would. Wish they would just let us use the Samsung phone app instead of the limited one

They aren't making caller ID free I don't believe.. just the spam call.

Also yeah they definitely know. They said in March. Technically March isn't over so... We continue waiting.

filanto

May 19, 2016
Visit site
coming soon is something I don't trust from Verizon. can't remember but they had something coming soon about the BlackBerry PRIV once and it became a running joke

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
coming soon is something I don't trust from Verizon. can't remember but they had something coming soon about the BlackBerry PRIV once and it became a running joke

I think this is actually coming. I just think they aren't in a rush.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
So what's the step by step process to get the free version? The Call Filter app in the play store isn't compatible with my LG V20. According to Verizon's site, that app use to be the Caller Name ID app, which I do have but it is not giving me the free version option when I try to sign up. Digging on the Verizon website, I did find the spam filter page, but again, it only offers me the paid version to sign up with. I did see an asterisk note that there's a free version available on the paid version's sign up page, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

The V20 is listed on their site as a compatible phone. I thought maybe it's because I haven't taken the Oreo update, but they have much older LG phones listed as compatible that aren't even on Nougat.

filanto

May 19, 2016
Visit site
So what's the step by step process to get the free version? The Call Filter app in the play store isn't compatible with my LG V20. According to Verizon's site, that app use to be the Caller Name ID app, which I do have but it is not giving me the free version option when I try to sign up. Digging on the Verizon website, I did find the spam filter page, but again, it only offers me the paid version to sign up with. I did see an asterisk note that there's a free version available on the paid version's sign up page, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

The V20 is listed on their site as a compatible phone. I thought maybe it's because I haven't taken the Oreo update, but they have much older LG phones listed as compatible that aren't even on Nougat.

Per Verizon my S8 is compatible but the Play Store says it isn't

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Per Verizon my S8 is compatible but the Play Store says it isn't
I finally got signed up via the website (they must have updated since my comment, because the free version wasn't available at first. It did say it could take up to 4 weeks for the app to update, so hopefully that happens and we can get in to it.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Just searched AC about this crap and found this topic. Apparently this was installed on my phone with an update, because I would never knowingly install ANYTHING of Verizon's.

Before anyone does install it, I would check out the reviews in the Playstore, not to mention the permissions. Sadly, I wasn't surprised.

*EDIT* Apparently you cannot uninstall it, however with some apps you can disable it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just searched AC about this crap and found this topic. Apparently this was installed on my phone with an update, because I would never knowingly install ANYTHING of Verizon's.

Before anyone does install it, I would check out the reviews in the Playstore, not to mention the permissions. Sadly, I wasn't surprised.

*EDIT* Apparently you cannot uninstall it, however with some apps you can disable it.

It actually works really well.. keep in mind that a lot of the reviews are old and are mainly mad at it costing money (which was stupid but that's the reason for most bad reviews).

tzr916

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Just installed/enabled the FREE version on two phones (V30 and S9 Note) by chatting with Verizon. Strange thing is this APP does not show up anywhere on both of the phones, except by going to the PLAY Store > My Apps > Installed > scroll down. Then I can open the app and change the settings.

Shall see if it works, my GF was getting 5 spam calls a day despite being signed up for federal no call list.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke