Hopefully TMO can still get this merger done?

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
When it's all said and done it will go through someone will get a bribe and all is good. Just the fact that Sprint is almost bankrupt is reason enough plus the other two pigs need to be taught a lesson on how to treat. Customers.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
When it's all said and done it will go through someone will get a bribe and all is good. Just the fact that Sprint is almost bankrupt is reason enough plus the other two pigs need to be taught a lesson on how to treat. Customers.

You have a lot of faith that it will remain the same way :p

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I for one hope this merger doesn't go through. 4 to 3 i.e. less competition? No thanks.

I'm not as concerned about 3 players as I am about what would happen if Sprint went bankrupt. They aren't financially prepared to survive on their own, but they do have viable assets. If a bidding war erupted and either VZ or ATT won, then there would still be three, but there would be an imbalance among the players.

Four equal competitors would be ideal, but that is not the reality here. Three, given the merger goes through, would be better than what would happen after Sprint declares bankruptcy.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Four equal competitors would be ideal, but that is not the reality here. Three, given the merger goes through, would be better than what would happen after Sprint declares bankruptcy.

Hopefully, the existing mobile players will be largely excluded if it comes down to scrapping Sprint for parts--whether it happens by incentivizing a "new" player entering the market, or heavily regulating the spectrum the Big Three buy (kinda like the band 13 spectrum Verizon got) to make it a Pyrrhic pickup for them, and hopefully beneficial for the end customers.