Thoughts on Tmobile changes especially Netflix

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The normal "we didn't increase the price[SUB]we put less product in the package[/SUB]" kind of price increase. Everyone does it (the small Hershey bar I got when I was a kid was about the size of the large one today). I don't like it any more than anyone else does, but we live in the real world.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
@o4liberty, that depends on your data needs. Have you looked at Mint Mobile (they're a TMobile MVNO, so hey run on TMO's towers). No military discount, but for 3GB/month (all I need - I'm almost always near good wifi), I pay $15/month.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
@o4liberty, that depends on your data needs. Have you looked at Mint Mobile (they're a TMobile MVNO, so hey run on TMO's towers). No military discount, but for 3GB/month (all I need - I'm almost always near good wifi), I pay $15/month.
I have unlimited 6 devices 120 a month you can't beat that.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
TMobile has come a long way and they will soon be the biggest carrier no the big red anymore which I spent 27 years with then AT&T for 5.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Still the cheapest carrier to go with can't beat their military discount. Very happy with the TMO.

Cheapest depending on some needs yes. Most of the time yes T-Mobile will be but not for all situations.. such as some can't get the military plan.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
TMobile has come a long way and they will soon be the biggest carrier no the big red anymore which I spent 27 years with then AT&T for 5.

AT&T currently is the biggest (subscriber wise).

Even if Sprint and T-Mobile combine they won't be the biggest right away. Could they grow? Sure.. but the merger won't make them the biggest right out the gate.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what happens if/when the merger happens, but I have been happy w/the service and pricing.

Now, does Tmobile have the best overall coverage? No. I tell people if they travel alot, do not get T-Mobile because the coverage sucks in remote areas. However, for me, I don't travel alot and the reception is great at home and at work.

I'll take the gas discount on T-Mobile Tuesdays though lol.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Not sure what happens if/when the merger happens, but I have been happy w/the service and pricing.

Now, does Tmobile have the best overall coverage? No. I tell people if they travel alot, do not get T-Mobile because the coverage sucks in remote areas. However, for me, I don't travel alot and the reception is great at home and at work.

I'll take the gas discount on T-Mobile Tuesdays though lol.
They are working heavily on rural areas to increase coverage. Areas near me that never had coverage for years now have great coverage. You can also call TMO and tell them the area with no service and they will give you a date on when service will be up an running there. I can't knock the service they have provided me very impressed.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
They are working heavily on rural areas to increase coverage. Areas near me that never had coverage for years now have great coverage. You can also call TMO and tell them the area with no service and they will give you a date on when service will be up an running there. I can't knock the service they have provided me very impressed.

Yeah, it was a one time camping trip in the mountains and I'll probably never go back. Scout trip. The dads w/Verizon had a very slight signal but had to walk to the middle of the campgrounds. Same w/the Sprint dads. Us T-Mobile dads were SOL. lol

I'm sure they will improve as once we drove 2 miles out of the campground my phone went berzerk with texts, emails and missed call notifications.