Verizon-compatible phone. Where to buy?

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Other than at Verizon, where can I buy a recent fully compatible with Verizon phone? Where have you bought yours?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The Pixel 2 and 3 are Verizon-compatible. You can buy from Best Buy (or, if you're in the UK, I believe it's Carphone warehouse). Otherwise I'd be careful - Amazon has vendors who will sell you a phone cheaper - but they don't come with a US warranty.

And never buy a phone on eBay or Craig's List or LetGo or anyplace like that. Unless you make the exchange (their phone for your money) at a Verizon store, 1) the phone is still listed as being theirs and 2) you have no idea whether it's going to work or not. (They'll tell you that <whatever isn't working> isn't working because there's no SIM card in the phone, because it's in their new phone. Or they get a great phone at Verizon - Maybe a Note 9 or S10+, pay the first month's payment, then sell it to you for a nice discount, and report it stolen. They have your money, you have a court case to pay for.)

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the warning. While with Verizon, I've had three phones, a Blackberry, Samsung S4 Note, and Samsung S7 Edge. None were purchased directly from Verizon as, at the time, Costco, Target, and Best Buy (respectively) had had much better deals. I see none of these better deals now.

After having been assured by several Verizon reps that I'd have no problem activating and using an international phone on Verizon, I'd almost bought a Galaxy S10 Plus. At the same time, I must say that both sellers warned me that they would NOT work on Verizon. So, at the end, rightly or wrongly, I've chickened out.

Now I'm hoping that, as 5G phones become more popular, or maybe around Black Friday or Thanksgiving the prices will drop.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Other than at Verizon, where can I buy a recent fully compatible with Verizon phone? Where have you bought yours?
It would help if you first stated which phone you are looking for.

But since you mentioned BlackBerry, the KEY2 LE is fully compatible by Verizon and can be found on Best Buy website

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I personally just prefer to buy from Verizon. That way when something goes wrong, I only have one point of contact. They handle all tech support and warranty claims, so there's no figuring out who to deal with. Even if they aren't the cheapest purchase price, it's worth it for the convenience.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy advertises the S10+ currently for $799. OTOH, just the other day I saw a piece from the UK mentioning that Samsung has been concerned about the reselling value of S10 and S10+ well below expected. If so, I think we should expect the prices for these models drop at some point.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy advertises the S10+ currently for $799. OTOH, just the other day I saw a piece from the UK mentioning that Samsung has been concerned about the reselling value of S10 and S10+ well below expected. If so, I think we should expect the prices for these models drop at some point.

If you're concerned about resale value, buy iPhone.