Joined Fi a week ago, can't get Visual Voicemail to work.

Noahma

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
I just joined Fi a week ago. I moved 4 phones over from AT&T, my unlocked Pixel 3xl,
My daughters new Pixel 3a, my wife's LG G6, and my mother in laws Galaxy S9. So far, I have tried to get my phone and my daughters phone to receive Visual voicemail, but so far I cannot get the suckers to work. I have played with every single setting I could find in reference to the visual voicemail, and nada

If I call the number or long press 1 I can get it to call the service, and if I have the "call to listen" option checked I can get the voicemails, but I never receive ANY notification of a new voicemail, and never see one in the voicemail tab in the dialer. Is this broken? or is there something wrong with my account?

I have also tried to get it up and running on my Wife's LG G6, but get an error during setup. And I have not tried yet on my mother in laws to get it working.

tlc264

Banned
Oct 20, 2019
Visit site
With the pixel you should be able to go to the phone app and then to the voicemail. The first pic is in the voicemail tab. The second is after I select the voicemail. It allows me to play the voicemail and if it is transcribed I can read it. Not sure about other brands.
fcac6e7a3d2ec976800d190c5b755482.jpg
cbc6593b01903652670fbd1d9bdacd63.jpg

phelme

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
With the pixel you should be able to go to the phone app and then to the voicemail. The first pic is in the voicemail tab. The second is after I select the voicemail. It allows me to play the voicemail and if it is transcribed I can read it. Not sure about other brands.
What phone dialer are you using? Is it Pixel specific? I have a Samsung Note 10+ and I don't see transcriptions in the (Samsung) dialer, but do get voicemail transcriptions via text.

tlc264

Banned
Oct 20, 2019
Visit site
What phone dialer are you using? Is it Pixel specific? I have a Samsung Note 10+ and I don't see transcriptions in the (Samsung) dialer, but do get voicemail transcriptions via text.
I am using the stock Pixel dialer. I don't have a Samsung phone anymore to check it out.

phelme

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I am using the stock Pixel dialer. I don't have a Samsung phone anymore to check it out.
Cool.

I mentioned getting voicemail transcripts in a text on my Samsung. Well, that happened exactly once and hasn't happened since. the rest say "no transcription available" or some such. hmm.

the voicemail playback is still available within the Samsung dialer. have to dig down a bit to get to it via call history, but it's there.