Is Sprint the Last Provider with Truly Unlimited Data?

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been hearing all this stuff about tiered data plans and throttling, but haven't heard anything about Sprint. Do they have an unlimited data plan? If so, I might consider switching.

Last edited:

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
No, they aren't. T-Mobile offers unlimited data, just that they throttle. Why do people keep forgetting this?

And some regional and prepaid carriers offer unlimited data.

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
No, they aren't. T-Mobile offers unlimited data, just that they throttle. Why do people keep forgetting this?

I meant to include throttling in my original post... let me change that.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I wonder how Google, Apple, and the others will react to this since killing unlimited data will kill a lot of other features. I hear Microsoft and Google are already unhappy with carriers right now.

It's amazing how much of a joke wireless is in the US while across seas I hear it's a little better.

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been hearing all this stuff about tiered data plans and throttling, but haven't heard anything about Sprint. Do they have an unlimited data plan? If so, I might consider switching.

What carrier are you switching from? I'm using the evo 3d. Pretty nice phone, sprint is in the process of a total network overhaul. If they do it correctly, coverage should be better than most carriers and data speeds should increase.

I'm sticking with Sprint because of the cheaper plans, unlimited data and what they will do with the new network revamp:

Sprint Network Vision

http://newsroom.sprint.com/press_kits.cfm?presskit_id=19

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

tompro53

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site

T-MOBILE might have a unlimited data plan but on my Sprint plan has unlimited any mobile anytime, text, night & weekends, picture mail, data, & data roaming and 450 minutes to any land line phone now that is unlimited.

tybo31316

May 9, 2011
Visit site
T-MOBILE might have a unlimited data plan but on my Sprint plan has unlimited any mobile anytime, text, night & weekends, picture mail, data, & data roaming and 450 minutes to any land line phone now that is unlimited.

I'm with you on that. I still use alot of voice minutes.