Google Fi WiFi Calling on Galaxy Note 10+

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm a long time Fi user and upgraded from a Pixel 2XL to a Note10+ about two months ago. I had assumed all of the known compromises when I made my purchase decision.

This evening as I get ready for bed, on a whim, I decided to try a WiFi call when I saw a blue "New" badge next to WiFi Calling in the Fi app. I put the phone in airplane mode and made a call. At first I didn't think it would work. The phone app just winked a bit and went back to the dialer screen. On the off chance that it was a glitch (I didn't wait long enough for the phone to register over WiFi), I tried again and the call went through. I was able to hear very clearly with no issues. (I called my work cell.)

To test if I could receive calls, I grabbed my work cell and called myself back. Worked like a charm.

So I don't know if this is brand new (the "New" badge in the Fi app would suggest it is), but I'm glad that this functionality is available now. My office has terrible T-Mobile service, so this is great for me as a Fi user on my personal device.

Anyone else able to confirm that WiFi calling is working with Fi on the Galaxy Note 10/10+?

Attachments

• 9606.jpg
    9606.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 36

phelme

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I know I'm replying to an older message, but yes Wi-Fi calling works on my Note 10+ 5G. I get the little icon in the dialer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1