Someone keeps resetting my wife's phone and has now done it to mine and my kid's tablets as well as our Ipad which I thought was impossible. We thought it was spoofing but had this checked and then we had some it guys at her work check it out and even they can't figure it out. So far my wife's phone has been rest more than 15 times and mine is on the second time. I think it might be someone close by as it only happens when we are home but I can't confirm this. We have tried everything! She works in financing and needs her phone for work. She has bought two new phones with one being a Google pixel 4 xl and the hacker knew she had a new phone and she changed her number twice and still no luck. We changed our modem and changed our passwords to everything and still, it happens. I don't know what to do and neither do my friends for which one is a programmer and really into the tech stuff and trying to figure this out. So far it has been a month. Any help would be great!

We both have a Samsung s9 and both are up to date and she did send the pixel back as that idea did not work!
    05-15-2020 06:38 PM
    Hi, I’m new here. I am currently having a problem with my Samsung s9 that keeps resetting.
    I thought it was the fingerprint scanner because it kept turning off or the battery was draining fast so I turned that off and then a week goes by without any problems and then again it happened. Before all this, my wife's phone had been hacked, See below message.

Someone keeps resetting my wife's phone and has now done it to mine and my kid's tablets as well as our Ipad which I thought was impossible. We thought it was spoofing but had this checked and then we had some it guys at her work check it out and even they can't figure it out. So far my wife's phone has been rest more than 15 times and mine is on the second time. I think it might be someone close by as it only happens when we are home but I can't confirm this.

We have tried everything! She works in financing and needs her phone for work. She has bought two new phones with one being a Google pixel 4 xl and the hacker knew she had a new phone and she changed her number twice and still no luck. We changed our modem and changed our passwords to everything and still, it happens.

I don't know what to do and neither do my friends for which one is a programmer and really into the tech stuff and trying to figure this out. So far it has been a month. Any help would be great!

We both have a Samsung s9 and both are up to date and she did send the pixel back as that idea did not work!

These are the messages she was getting on her phone! They would only send to the people she was texting and to no one else.
    Samsung s9 resetting by itself Need help!-20200429_152405-1-1-.jpgSamsung s9 resetting by itself Need help!-screenshot_20200413-215143_messages-1-.jpg
    05-15-2020 07:34 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I edited your screenshots to blank out the foul language, and also moved this thread from the Introductions forum to the General Help forum, since it's not really an intro.

It sounds like you've already done a lot of the things I would've suggested (changing your Google password, resetting the phone, etc.). Here are some thoughts:

1. First and foremost, contact the authorities about this. Start with your local police, but also file a complaint at this FBI site: https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

2. Make sure you have 2-step authentication turned on for your Google account (and any other account that gives you that option).

3. Make sure you have a good screen lock set up for your devices (i.e., not just a your kid's birthday or something else easily guessable).

4. Use the tightest security on your wi-fi network (WPA2-PSK), and make sure your wi-fi password is not easily guessable (and change it on a regular basis).

5. You mentioned changing your number -- does this mean you got replacement SIM cards from your carrier? If not, ask your carrier for replacement SIM cards.

6. Be very careful about what you share about your life and your family on social media. Oftentimes, people get "hacked" simply because observant snakes can track your location and activity based on what you share on the web.
    05-15-2020 08:04 PM
    This is a matter for the authorities , not much we can help here with .
    05-15-2020 09:10 PM
    1. First and foremost, contact the authorities about this. Start with your local police, but also file a complaint at this FBI site: https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

We already talk to the police and I don't know if the FBI would help me since I live in Canada. But I will try.

2. Make sure you have 2-step authentication turned on for your Google account (and any other account that gives you that option).

I already had this two-step and it made no difference whatsoever. We both have a very strong password on our phones and still happens.

3. Make sure you have a good screen lock set up for your devices (i.e., not just a your kid's birthday or something else easily guessable).

Kids are not on a device at the moment and we had a very good password that was super hard to get through. Plus had one on our Ipad.

4. Use the tightest security on your wi-fi network (WPA2-PSK), and make sure your wi-fi password is not easily guessable (and change it on a regular basis).

I have changed it very often and will do so again. We also changed our modem.

5. You mentioned changing your number -- does this mean you got replacement SIM cards from your carrier? If not, ask your carrier for replacement SIM cards.

She changed her number and her sim card more than once and bought two new phones and still, the hacker knew. It's as if he was watching her. We are now having issues with our computers as they randomly shut off or restart.

6. Be very careful about what you share about your life and your family on social media. Oftentimes, people get "hacked" simply because observant snakes can track your location and activity based on what you share on the web.

Not many of our friends even know where we live. And we don't even really share photos online.
    05-20-2020 09:24 PM
    I don't know if the FBI would help me since I live in Canada.
    Ok then, try this: https://cyber.gc.ca/en/cyber-incidents. Good luck!
    05-22-2020 12:40 AM