How can I change a forgotten pattern lock?

SkinnyScott

Jun 2, 2018
Visit site
I have a LG k8+ running 8.0.x (I gather it's similar to the Stylo 4 or the k7 and possibly the k10). I haven't used in about a year, a family member wishs to use it and I can't remember the pattern to unlock the phone. I do know my Gmail account and password for the phone. I've got some business pictures and other things that I'd be unable to replace if I factory reset it, is there a way around the pattern lock? Do I email Google? Any advice will be appreciated.
Thank you lolly

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately only factory reset in recovery, for some reason those patterns seem to cause issues like your experiencing, recommend you stay away from that going forward.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately only factory reset in recovery, for some reason those patterns seem to cause issues like your experiencing, recommend you stay away from that going forward.
I don't really use patterns but when I did I kept it simple, just like my pin code.

SkinnyScott

Jun 2, 2018
Visit site
Just a curious (some asked me if I backup with the LG bridge? On my PC) can it be backed up? I've got bridge and a few other things on my PC I was going to attempt to root the phone this summer.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think LG Bridge isn't compatible with every single LG model, but even if it was compatible with yours, you'd have to be able to unlock the phone first before you back it up. The idea of LG Bridge would be that you're using it regularly to back up your important data before​ something like this happens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084