A few questions about my new LG Aristo 4+ phone...

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
The phone is an Aristo 4 +, model LM-X320MA. Android version 9. It has a lot of new bells and whistles.

Question 1. When I hit the power button to wake up the phone, then swipe up on the screen to un-lock the screen. The phone doesn't go to the home screen. It opens in the last web page that I looked at in Google Chrome. How do I stop that so when I un-lock the screen. The home screen comes up?

Question 2. When I stop at a store I get a notification flash on my phone asking how I liked my visit to the store. I have even got the notification by driving past the place. How do I stop that?

Question 3. Is this phone rootable? If so what app will work with it? I have rooted a few phones and tables in the past. I know Windows very well and I am learning Android. I am a hands on type of learner. I have a ZTE Android tablet to experiment on. If that get's messed up, no great lose.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Congratulations on your new phone. I have never heard of this brand before. Is there a lock screen setting in settings that you can adjust to allow you to go to your home screen rather than your Internet browser.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Question 1. When I hit the power button to wake up the phone, then swipe up on the screen to un-lock the screen. The phone doesn't go to the home screen. It opens in the last web page that I looked at in Google Chrome. How do I stop that so when I un-lock the screen. The home screen comes up?

The phone will remember what you were doing last, so if you were using Chrome and didn't exit out of it before the screen turned off, then the phone will open back to Chrome when you unlock the screen again. This is pretty standard. To prevent it from happening, make a habit of going back to your homescreen first before locking the screen.

Question 2. When I stop at a store I get a notification flash on my phone asking how I liked my visit to the store. I have even got the notification by driving past the place. How do I stop that?

I think that's a Google Maps setting. Open Maps, tap your profile pic at the upper right, then Settings>Notifications and look at the settings for Your Reviews and Recommendations for You.

Question 3. Is this phone rootable? If so what app will work with it? I have rooted a few phones and tables in the past. I know Windows very well and I am learning Android. I am a hands on type of learner. I have a ZTE Android tablet to experiment on. If that get's messed up, no great lose.

Not sure about this one. Typically, the forums at XDA-Developers.com are a better resource for rooting questions.

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I think so. But I haven't found it yet.

Congratulations on your new phone. I have never heard of this brand before. Is there a lock screen setting in settings that you can adjust to allow you to go to your home screen rather than your Internet browser.

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
On the Android version of Google Chrome I click on the 3 vertical dots for the menu. There is no exit for Google Chrome. The only way to close out Chrome is to hit the squire icon, on the bottom right of the phone. That icon closes all open app's. I think I got the Google map notifications in the phone turned off. I will find out tomorrow when I go out to pay bills. My direct deposit comes in tonight. On question 3 I will go over to XDA-Developers.com and post the root question and I will let you know the answer.

The phone will remember what you were doing last, so if you were using Chrome and didn't exit out of it before the screen turned off, then the phone will open back to Chrome when you unlock the screen again. This is pretty standard. To prevent it from happening, make a habit of going back to your homescreen first before locking the screen.

I think that's a Google Maps setting. Open Maps, tap your profile pic at the upper right, then Settings>Notifications and look at the settings for Your Reviews and Recommendations for You.

Not sure about this one. Typically, the forums at XDA-Developers.com are a better resource for rooting questions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, when I say exit out of Chrome, I mean just go to the homescreen by tapping Home (the circular button in the nav bar). There's no need to kill Chrome from RAM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes