What I was trying to say was that after a reset the phone app was gone. I have a SIM card in the tablet and I can text or SMS, but I can't make phone calls anymore.
    I can't understand this since there was a phone app on it when I bought it. And that worked great. Can someone please help me? It would be much appreciated.
    There is Android 6.0.1+a patch installed August 2016. There must be a phone app I have missed... If someone could please help me it would be great.
    06-09-2020 05:49 AM
    According to all of the articles and specs I have seen, the device never had phone functionality https://android.stackexchange.com/qu...enovo-tb2-x30l

LENOVO Lenovo TB2-X30L Specification
    mustang7757 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-09-2020 06:01 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Batteries forum (not sure why it was there) to the General Help forum.

Do you recall how that phone app was making calls? Was it a VoIP service like Skype? There are very few tablets that have had true telephony.
    06-10-2020 12:27 AM
    Hi guys, thanks for your response. I'll try to explain... When I bought it it came with several apps already installed of course, but one of them was a phone app that I had to have a SIMcard in a slot right next to the extra memory card slot to function.
    When the simcard was installed it worked like a regular mobilphone, I could take phone calls (voicecalls) and text (sms). Now after a hard reset I only can text (sms).
    I followed one of the links (Lenovo TB2-X30L spec's) and downloaded the app to get the specs on my tablet. Now I hope done this correct, because it looks kinda generic.
    I'll try posting the link here: Device Specifications and if it's not correct I'll try to figure it out (tips will be appreciated)
    06-14-2020 07:36 PM
    Forgot to say when it listed Phone it said none, like you guys said . But look down on Annotations it says Phone.. and then it then something about mobilecarrier ... can't remember now but it is strange.
    06-14-2020 07:49 PM
    Ok, it looks like that tablet did in fact have some kind of telephony feature: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/uu/en/p...tions/ht100075. This is surprising to me -- these tablets are few and far in between, and are typically marketed in places other than the US.

Is there a reason why you did a factory reset? Was it malfunctioning? Did you download and install a system update from somewhere?
    06-14-2020 08:52 PM
    I had installed so much garbage on it that it was getting really slow. So I just took a short cut and I really regret that now....
    07-12-2020 06:42 AM