How can I factory reset my corporate tab?

AAKASH SOOD

Jun 10, 2020
Visit site
Hi

Need help with a lenovo tab 3

I am unable to perform a factory reset, on pressing the power and volume up button, in the menu that comes up there is no option to factory reset the device .

Also if I try and go to :

Settings > Security > Device administrators > uncheck mobile iron go ( the device admin causing the issue) > It shows the option "Deactivate this device administrator" greyed out .

Any ideas on how could I format this device and make it work?

Thanks
AS

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like this belonged to a business at some point. Your best bet is to contact that company and ask them to unlock it. That is, of course, assuming it was legally sold or given away by them. It's not uncommon for those devices to be stolen and then sold to unsuspecting buyers for a quick buck, while leaving the buyer out in the cold with a non-functioning device.

AAKASH SOOD

Jun 10, 2020
Visit site
Hey Mooncatt

Thanks a lot for your quick response, yes you are correct , this was a corporate tab but my ex employer - the company has halted operations and is not present anymore.

Is there no other way I could bypass this? The device admin is Mobile Iron GO for you information.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I haven't personally dealt with something like this, but my guess is there's an admin password (or similar) that needs to be entered to be able to unlock it. If the company is no more and you don't have personal contact with whoever it was that could do it, then I don't think there's much you can do. We don't allow discussions of bypassing something like this, as it's basically a security feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze