Hi all, i am using a Samsung Galaxy S10 and have my Share Read Status disabled. There is one person in particular that has recently began promoting me to send a Read Report. This person also uses an Android based phone.

Can anyone explain why this is happening if I have the function disabled? Is there anything more I can do?

Thanks in advance!
    06-24-2020 04:35 PM
    These features might be disabled/unsupported by your carrier (regardless of the phone). If you're talking about 'chat' read indicators, this depends on your carrier and phone supporting RCS AND that the other person you're having the conversation with also meets the same requirements. 'Chats' over RCS are different than SMS/MMS threads (just like iMessage ones differ from regular texts on iPhones) and have different features.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-24-2020 06:12 PM
    Hi all, i am using a Samsung Galaxy S10 and have my Share Read Status disabled. There is one person in particular that has recently began promoting me to send a Read Report. This person also uses an Android based phone.

Can anyone explain why this is happening if I have the function disabled? Is there anything more I can do?

Thanks in advance!
    Who's your carrier?
    06-24-2020 08:08 PM
    06-24-2020 08:22 PM
    AT&T
    Do you use wifi calling or have Bluetooth on try turning off see if you can enable chat on
    06-24-2020 08:40 PM
    I do use wifi calling when home, but this wasn't happening while at home but where wifi wasn't available. I do keep blue tooth enabled but was not using or near any connected devices at the time. The person sending messages requesting a read receipt was many miles away.

I appreciate your help in trying to figure this out!
    06-24-2020 08:48 PM
    I do use wifi calling when home, but this wasn't happening while at home but where wifi wasn't available. I do keep blue tooth enabled but was not using or near any connected devices at the time. The person sending messages requesting a read receipt was many miles away.

I appreciate your help in trying to figure this out!
    Understand, but for testing can you disable those 2, Att been having issues with stock message app with those enable. Your welcome, I can suggest more things if this doesn't work.
    Laura Knotek and SpookDroid like this.
    06-24-2020 08:54 PM
    Ok thank you! I will give that a try and see if it works. And you're correct, I am using the stock messaging app.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    06-24-2020 08:58 PM
    Ok thank you! I will give that a try and see if it works. And you're correct, I am using the stock messaging app.
    OK thank you, let me know
    06-24-2020 09:08 PM