I bought two phones off WISH and JOOM. I plugged SIMS correctly into phone as I have done in past and both phones cannot get a cell signal. I have spoken to both Consumer Cellular and all is good on their end. I Have done this countless times and cannot figure out what is happening
    06-25-2020 08:47 AM
    Are the bands in the phone the same for your carrier?
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-25-2020 09:29 AM
    Not all phones are international or compatible with all bands, Wish is also known for selling fraudulent knock off products that don't work like they should.

As already mentioned first thing is to make sure the phones have the correct bands to connect to the towers.

Providing us the model numbers of the phones would be helpful too, some one here could look them up and provide more help that way. Otherwise we are just making estimated guesses at best.
    06-25-2020 09:57 AM
    ...Wish is also known for selling fraudulent knock off products that don't work like they should.
    I think this is the root of the problem. False advertising and junk knockoffs abound on Wish (never heard of JOOM). Personally, I wouldn't even bother trying to sort this out and just return the phones for a refund if you can. I would only buy a name brand phone from a reputable/authorized retailer. If finances are a concern, then buy a used name brand phone. That used phone will most likely have better specs and performance than anything on Wish anyway.
    06-25-2020 10:55 AM
    I think this is the root of the problem. False advertising and junk knockoffs abound on Wish (never heard of JOOM). Personally, I wouldn't even bother trying to sort this out and just return the phones for a refund if you can. I would only buy a name brand phone from a reputable/authorized retailer. If finances are a concern, then buy a used name brand phone. That used phone will most likely have better specs and performance than anything on Wish anyway.
    Few years ago Wish was selling 1Tb Micro SD cards for under $20 while SanDisk only had 400Gb or 512Gb max at the time and they wanted several hundred for them. They were obviously fake cards, found out about them on these forums. Took a look at their website and it was full of knock off brands and straight up counterfeit items. There was no way they were selling phones and cameras for less than 1/10th the normal retail price.

Wouldn't surprise me if the phone in question lacks the antennas needed to work. Even if it does work the advertised specs are probably a lie. I've seen Samsung knock offs in the past that look and are branded as Samsung phones but the specs are inferior when you actually dig into them. Lower resolution display, lower resolution camera, storage isn't as large as it says in settings, etc. Had a friend buy one once and saw them while working for Verizon. Haha
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-25-2020 12:08 PM
    If you want to see the kinds of knockoff/fake phones sold on Wish and those other sites, check out this guy's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXL...nObB0riYv5qwSg. Very entertaining, and also enlightening -- it's not hard at all to fool apps that list the specs of a device.
    Mooncatt and L0n3N1nja like this.
    06-25-2020 12:14 PM
    06-25-2020 02:52 PM
    Have you contacted where you bought them?
    06-25-2020 11:16 PM
    There's a good chance that neither of those phones supports 4G. I couldn't see the specs on the 2nd link, since an annoying login window blocked it and I couldn't get rid of it, but the 1st link suspiciously did not list any specific 4G bands -- it only listed 2G and 3G bands. Of the 3G bands listed, only AT&T is partially compatible (Consumer Cellular uses AT&T and T-Mobile towers).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-25-2020 11:32 PM
    There's a good chance that neither of those phones supports 4G. I couldn't see the specs on the 2nd link, since an annoying login window blocked it and I couldn't get rid of it, but the 1st link suspiciously did not list any specific 4G bands -- it only listed 2G and 3G bands. Of the 3G bands listed, only AT&T is partially compatible (Consumer Cellular uses AT&T and T-Mobile towers).
    I was able to view the second link in desktop mode and see some of the specs despite the login pop-up. It claims 2G, 3G, and 4G, GSM and WCDMA. Didn't see any specific bands listed, though.

Regardless of what they claim, I would trust them all to have the right bands about as much as I trust them to really have a camera sensor behind every "lens," or to have the claimed amount of storage. In other words, not at all. You get what you pay for.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-26-2020 06:42 AM
    I was able to view the second link in desktop mode and see some of the specs despite the login pop-up. It claims 2G, 3G, and 4G, GSM and WCDMA. Didn't see any specific bands listed, though.

Regardless of what they claim, I would trust them all to have the right bands about as much as I trust them to really have a camera sensor behind every "lens," or to have the claimed amount of storage. In other words, not at all. You get what you pay for.
    I'm with you guy's, OP better off buying from somewhere reputable.
    06-26-2020 11:16 AM
    Didn't see any specific bands listed, though.
    Exactly -- the specific bands were oddly absent.

That Smoorez guy on YouTube shows that the phones from Wish or Joom or whatever often claim that they're on "5G" in the status bar, but when he digs deeper, it's just 3G.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-26-2020 11:16 AM
    Exactly -- the specific bands were oddly absent.

That Smoorez guy on YouTube shows that the phones from Wish or Joom or whatever often claim that they're on "5G" in the status bar, but when he digs deeper, it's just 3G.
    From what I can tell the phone from Joom only has one frequency compatible with either carrier and no 4G. It's my understanding a phone won't activate or work on a carriers network unless it supports their primary 4G band.

Also I can't figure out what brand this phone is, I highly doubt the listed specs are accurate as well since the price would mean it's being sold below manufacturing cost.
    B. Diddy and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-26-2020 12:14 PM
    Also I can't figure out what brand this phone is, I highly doubt the listed specs are accurate as well since the price would mean it's being sold below manufacturing cost.
    Smoorez half-jokingly calls them "Welcome" phones because they're all no-name manufacturers, and most have this terrible bare-bones boot screen that says WELCOME with a kindergarten-level boot animation and sound.
    06-26-2020 12:30 PM