Google Calendar Fails To Remind Me About Events

anon(10300249)

Aug 20, 2017
Visit site
I have bad experience with Google calendar, not only app, but whole Google calendar service. I have an event created there that I want to be repeated once in a month on every first Tuesday and notify me about it. I use Google calendar in my android phone and I have added Google calendar account in my Windows calendar app too which syncs everything perfectly. Sometimes notification works, but sometimes doesn't. If I create an event just to test, it works, but yesterday it didn't work. Yesterday it was the time (once in a month) of that event. Google should notify me about it at 9PM. It didn't do and it was 10 and something when I remembered about it. I checked my calendar app in my Windows 10 - nothing. Checked notification center - nothing. Checked my android phone - nothing. Checked Google Calendar app itself both in my phone and on their website on my PC. It just showed me that there was event there, but that's it. No notifications, no reminders, nothing. If I wouldn't remember about my task, I would fail, because Google failed to remind me about it. Why it's so unreliable? Now, I created same event on my Microsoft account calendar and I also use Outlook app in my phone which comes with Microsoft calendar. I hope it won't fail me at least. Anyone have same experience?

Mu Phil

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Sincerely I am a frequent user of Google calender service and haven't found this problem, my google calender app is updated and no issues, so for me I usually additionally set email notifications so that I descrease the chances of missing my event. Atleast if the pop-up notification would in any case fail me, the email reminder will surely be delivered.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante