Hello, sorry for my English, I'm living in a country of Africa where we used to speak French.

So we are here in a no democratic country of West Africa, here you can not say in public that there is no liberty for people for press, nobody can make critics to the government, so we used to discuss between us (young generation) with telegram or online numbers WhatsApp.

When we go in the street, police can stop your movement and check your phone your discussions your life. They knew secure folder exists, and you will be forced to unlock it if they check it and find the service activated.

My question is : if I delete secure folder before get out of my house, or if they arrest me unfortunately, can they check my phone with some technology and discover files and apps deleted with the secure folder system ? Can I delete secure folder and be safe with police or dictatorial investigation ?

Thank you for eventual replies.
    Again I apologize for my English.
    07-13-2020 08:29 AM
    I see your post is still unanswered. I considered answering this the other day but felt I may not know enough to offer any real advice and I also didn't know if your question boarders on the line of things that can be discussed here as you are asking about this in terms of breaking the law. Albeit an oppressive one. Possibly the best that I can offer is, from what I've read about secure folder it is an encrypted item. This means that it requires a code or input of some kind to decrypt it. If information is encrypted and then the decryption key is destroyed most information is not retrievable. Does this mean that your government doesn't have the capability to restore the decryption code and reconstruct the data, I don't know. It would be very difficult to do so. Maybe this helps but without crossing the line I think this is the best answer I can give.
    07-17-2020 04:04 AM
    Hello thank you for the answer.
    07-17-2020 05:03 PM
    Samsung secure folder has a backup and recovery option, so I would imagine that if they can force you to open the folder, they can force restoration of the deleted file.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-17-2020 11:44 PM
    If i dont use backup fonction it is safe .
    07-18-2020 03:32 PM
    If i dont use backup fonction it is safe .
    You run risk of losing your information if anything were to happen.
    Nancy Bestee likes this.
    07-18-2020 09:42 PM