Is there a way to delete a app update,want to download a weather app but the last update took away the weather radar,but before this last update the app came with the weather radar,so know I want to get back the version with the radar...is there a way to do this...app is from Google play store
    LG Stylo 5
    Android
    Boost
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-13-2020 11:54 PM
    Hi, which phone? Was it stock weather app?
    07-13-2020 11:58 PM
    App is from Google play store
    LG Stylo 5
    07-14-2020 12:01 AM
    The only way to do that would be to find the apk file for a previous version somewhere on the web. That can be a little risky if the site is not trustworthy.
    07-14-2020 12:06 AM
    App is from Google play store
    LG Stylo 5
    You can long press that app tap info , check at very top right if it has 3 dots to uninstall update , if not you cant go back to previous version
    07-14-2020 12:07 AM
    The only way you can uninstall updates would be if it were a preinstalled app -- and in that case, you'd be uninstalling all updates and reverting to the factory-installed version (not the version just prior to the current update).
    07-14-2020 12:09 AM
    I have the app I'm talking about on my old phone and it's the version I want before the last update was done...my old phone has the radar I want on the app but my new phone has the new version (update)
    Maybe that will help B Diddy answer
    07-14-2020 12:18 AM
    I have the app I'm talking about on my old phone and it's the version I want before the last update was done...my old phone has the radar I want on the app but my new phone has the new version (update)
    Maybe that will help P Duffy answer
    Look what version its on , then try apkmirror look for it , if found delete the current one then install the older version
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-14-2020 12:21 AM
    I agree with mustang7757 -- that's pretty much all you can do.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-14-2020 12:34 AM
    Thanks for all the help,gonna try with a few of the answers already tried the 3 dot one,app didn't have them in the setting...AGAIN THANKS EVERYONE APPRECIATE IT
    B. Diddy and mustang7757 like this.
    07-14-2020 12:35 AM
    What app was it? I'm curious, because I never saw a name.
    07-14-2020 02:10 AM
    Maybe that will help B Diddy answer
    If you have the old version you want installed on another phone, install an app like APK Extractor on the old phone and use it to generate an apk file of that app. Then transfer that to the new phone (and also save the apk in at least one backup location for later use) and use a file manager to run it. That should install it onto the new phone.

This way you don't have the risks associated with downloading from random apk sites, but there is a small chance of there being a compatibility problem (rare, but possible, whereas Google Play only offers up apps fully compatible with your phone). After you've installed it, you can delete the apk file on the new phone if you wish. It's only the installer file, not the functioning app. Also make sure Google Play is set to not auto update apps or you'll find yourself in this same spot again.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-14-2020 09:18 AM
    Good idea, @Mooncatt! I forgot about that one.
    07-14-2020 10:46 AM
    @rockyd57 how did you make out with your situation?
    07-14-2020 08:20 PM
    Haven't done anything yet because my wife is gonna buy another cell phone and I'm gonna get her old one...going to wait until I get her phone to start trying the suggestion I got from everyone,won't be until Sunday when I get the phone,but I'll keep everybody posted on the outcome of my endeavor...thanks again
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-14-2020 09:52 PM
    Haven't done anything yet because my wife is gonna buy another cell phone and I'm gonna get her old one...going to wait until I get her phone to start trying the suggestion I got from everyone,won't be until Sunday when I get the phone,but I'll keep everybody posted on the outcome of my endeavor...thanks again
    Ok thanks , keep us posted !
    07-14-2020 10:00 PM