Samsung Email app won't work with Yahoo account?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I had to reset my phone recently and went to enter my Yahoo email account into the Samsung Email stock app. It accepts my login information but then says "Unable to Validate Account" and sends me back to the login page. Ive tried logging in with a Google account and that works. Ive tried another Yahoo account and that does not work. Ive logged in to my Yahoo account on my computer and that works fine. Does anybody know how to fix this? Ive went through and tried the authentication and adjusting my settings in my Yahoo account, using an app generated password. None of that works. I dont want to have to use the Yahoo Mail app or Gmail or any other third party apps.

thegptgirl

Jul 31, 2020
Visit site
yeah I can sign in on my browsers. I can sign in on the Yahoo Mail app. But it wont let me sign in on any Yahoo account through the Samsung Email app. So i think the problem is with the Samsung Email stock app. It worked fine until I reset the phone yesterday and then couldnt login anymore

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try clearing the email app's cache and data in Settings>Apps, then try adding the account back. You might have to add back any other email accounts as well.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
yeah I can sign in on my browsers. I can sign in on the Yahoo Mail app. But it wont let me sign in on any Yahoo account through the Samsung Email app. So i think the problem is with the Samsung Email stock app. It worked fine until I reset the phone yesterday and then couldnt login anymore
Try this , long press the Samsung email app tap info then scroll to storage , delete data,cache,force stop and retry again dont skip any steps.

Sfinger

Jul 31, 2020
Visit site
I had to reset my phone recently and went to enter my Yahoo email account into the Samsung Email stock app. It accepts my login information but then says "Unable to Validate Account" and sends me back to the login page. Ive tried logging in with a Google account and that works. Ive tried another Yahoo account and that does not work. Ive logged in to my Yahoo account on my computer and that works fine. Does anybody know how to fix this? Ive went through and tried the authentication and adjusting my settings in my Yahoo account, using an app generated password. None of that works. I dont want to have to use the Yahoo Mail app or Gmail or any other third party apps.

I am having the exact same issue on my and my husbands phone and it just started today. I have done everything that you have done to no avail.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
install another email app. I know you said you did not want to but to troubleshoot and to help, we need to know if you get the same message with another email app. once you find out, you can uninstall it. in the meantime, I am going to install samsung email app on my note 10+ and see if there are any issues with my yahoo account. I know it worked a few months ago before switching to another but yahoo has been making changes.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
forget what I said about installing another email app to troubleshoot. samsung has a problem. Just installed and tried yahoo and got the same message. I did get emails from yahoo saying they saw the new account but it seems samsung cannot. Looked at the reviews in the play store and it looks bad since the update in June. I am guessing but if it is already installed, you wont have the problem, but new installs and reinstalls will have problems. Just need to contact samsung about this. there is nothing we can do here.

John RF

Jul 31, 2020
Visit site
Same thing starting today for me. I can sign into Aol, but not into Yahoo. Well, actually it IS working, because everytime I go to sign into my yahoo account, I get a notification on my web browser that my account was just signed into, using the Samsung mail app. I tried 10 times, and all 10 times, my email (on the web browser) shows that my account was just signed into. However, every time, my samsung mail app says "unable to validate account" and takes me back to the sign in step, and does not add the yahoo email to the list of available email accounts.

Last edited: