06-06-2021 10:23 AM
48 12
tools
    I had to reset my phone recently and went to enter my Yahoo email account into the Samsung Email stock app. It accepts my login information but then says "Unable to Validate Account" and sends me back to the login page. Ive tried logging in with a Google account and that works. Ive tried another Yahoo account and that does not work. Ive logged in to my Yahoo account on my computer and that works fine. Does anybody know how to fix this? Ive went through and tried the authentication and adjusting my settings in my Yahoo account, using an app generated password. None of that works. I dont want to have to use the Yahoo Mail app or Gmail or any other third party apps.
    07-31-2020 01:56 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! You could also try using the Account Key feature -- I have the Yahoo Sports app installed partly for that reason. https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN25781.html

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-31-2020 02:11 PM
    Have you recently changed your password?
    07-31-2020 03:08 PM
    are you using yahoo key or two step verification with your yahoo account?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-31-2020 03:16 PM
    I changed it after I was unable to login. And no Im not using two step verification or account key
    07-31-2020 04:09 PM
    I changed it after I was unable to login. And no Im not using two step verification or account key
    Hi, welcome!
    Can you sign in on a browser? Just not the app
    07-31-2020 04:18 PM
    yeah I can sign in on my browsers. I can sign in on the Yahoo Mail app. But it wont let me sign in on any Yahoo account through the Samsung Email app. So i think the problem is with the Samsung Email stock app. It worked fine until I reset the phone yesterday and then couldnt login anymore
    07-31-2020 04:21 PM
    Try clearing the email app's cache and data in Settings>Apps, then try adding the account back. You might have to add back any other email accounts as well.
    07-31-2020 04:24 PM
    yeah I can sign in on my browsers. I can sign in on the Yahoo Mail app. But it wont let me sign in on any Yahoo account through the Samsung Email app. So i think the problem is with the Samsung Email stock app. It worked fine until I reset the phone yesterday and then couldnt login anymore
    Try this , long press the Samsung email app tap info then scroll to storage , delete data,cache,force stop and retry again dont skip any steps.
    07-31-2020 04:24 PM
    Ive done that. And I just followed those instructions again. It still says cannot validate account.
    07-31-2020 04:28 PM
    Ive done that. And I just followed those instructions again. It still says cannot validate account.
    Which Samsung phone you have ?
    07-31-2020 04:29 PM
    Galaxy S10e
    07-31-2020 04:30 PM
    Galaxy S10e
    I'm going try with my Note 10+ , I use the stand alone app , be back
    07-31-2020 04:33 PM
    Yes there a issue, might want contact yahoo or see a update fixes this
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-31-2020 04:35 PM
    I had to reset my phone recently and went to enter my Yahoo email account into the Samsung Email stock app. It accepts my login information but then says "Unable to Validate Account" and sends me back to the login page. Ive tried logging in with a Google account and that works. Ive tried another Yahoo account and that does not work. Ive logged in to my Yahoo account on my computer and that works fine. Does anybody know how to fix this? Ive went through and tried the authentication and adjusting my settings in my Yahoo account, using an app generated password. None of that works. I dont want to have to use the Yahoo Mail app or Gmail or any other third party apps.
    I am having the exact same issue on my and my husbands phone and it just started today. I have done everything that you have done to no avail.
    07-31-2020 04:58 PM
    install another email app. I know you said you did not want to but to troubleshoot and to help, we need to know if you get the same message with another email app. once you find out, you can uninstall it. in the meantime, I am going to install samsung email app on my note 10+ and see if there are any issues with my yahoo account. I know it worked a few months ago before switching to another but yahoo has been making changes.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-31-2020 05:08 PM
    I am having the exact same issue on my and my husbands phone and it just started today. I have done everything that you have done to no avail.
    Looks like a issue on Samsung email app
    07-31-2020 05:09 PM
    forget what I said about installing another email app to troubleshoot. samsung has a problem. Just installed and tried yahoo and got the same message. I did get emails from yahoo saying they saw the new account but it seems samsung cannot. Looked at the reviews in the play store and it looks bad since the update in June. I am guessing but if it is already installed, you wont have the problem, but new installs and reinstalls will have problems. Just need to contact samsung about this. there is nothing we can do here.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-31-2020 05:24 PM
    I contacted Samsung and they basically said it was Yahoo's issue and to contact them.
    notacoach likes this.
    07-31-2020 05:43 PM
    Same thing starting today for me. I can sign into Aol, but not into Yahoo. Well, actually it IS working, because everytime I go to sign into my yahoo account, I get a notification on my web browser that my account was just signed into, using the Samsung mail app. I tried 10 times, and all 10 times, my email (on the web browser) shows that my account was just signed into. However, every time, my samsung mail app says "unable to validate account" and takes me back to the sign in step, and does not add the yahoo email to the list of available email accounts.
    notacoach likes this.
    07-31-2020 05:53 PM
    I contacted Samsung and they basically said it was Yahoo's issue and to contact them.
    Same thing starting today for me. I can sign into Aol, but not into Yahoo. Well, actually it IS working, because everytime I go to sign into my yahoo account, I get a notification on my web browser that my account was just signed into, using the Samsung mail app. I tried 10 times, and all 10 times, my email (on the web browser) shows that my account was just signed into. However, every time, my samsung mail app says "unable to validate account" and takes me back to the sign in step, and does not add the yahoo email to the list of available email accounts.
    This seems to be issue only on Samsung email app, as browser and yahoo app no issues
    07-31-2020 06:35 PM
    Exactly. I receive the same notification that I've signed into my account through the Email app. I can sign into Google, but none of my Yahoo email addresses will go through.
    07-31-2020 08:32 PM
    Same thing happening on my LG phone after I had to reset the password. I use the "generate password for third party app" function and no matter what I do it won't work in BlueMail or Outlook for Android. The only way I can get my yahoo mail on my phone is to use the yahoo app. NOT happy.
    08-20-2020 09:39 PM
    SAME problem with yahoo mail and samsung app! Started Feb 10. Did not reset my phone. I did nothing. Just will not synch after Feb 10. And keeps asking me to verify my identify by signing in again. Then when I do, it says unable to validate. This happens on multiple yahoo mail accounts through Samsung app. Gmail still works and yahoo mail works on my desktop browser. Of course if you contact Samsung, they say it's yahoo. And you can not contact yahoo. Btw, I've changed NOTHING.
    02-20-2021 03:10 PM
    SAME problem with yahoo mail and samsung app! Started Feb 10. Did not reset my phone. I did nothing. Just will not synch after Feb 10. And keeps asking me to verify my identify by signing in again. Then when I do, it says unable to validate. This happens on multiple yahoo mail accounts through Samsung app. Gmail still works and yahoo mail works on my desktop browser. Of course if you contact Samsung, they say it's yahoo. And you can not contact yahoo. Btw, I've changed NOTHING.
    Just download the AOL or Yahoo proprietary email app, depending on email domain, from the Google Play Store and call it a day. Most recently, AOL/Yahoo email doesn't play nicely with various 3rd party email clients.
    02-20-2021 04:45 PM
48 12