I can't find anything on this anywhere.
    It seems that most times (but not every time) that my phone reboots all the songs that google music had pinned and downloaded need to be re-downloaded.
    I've tried wiping cache for google music & even uninstalling the app, but this problem continues to occur.

I am running Project Elite ROM, but when I noticed the problem, I switched back to a nandroid backup of CM7 I had, and the problem was still occuring.

I've noticed that the Android/data/com.google.android.music/cache/music/ folder on my SDcard is empty when this occurs, but I'm not sure when/why it is getting emptied.

Anyone else experience something similar, or have any suggestions on what could resolve this problem?
    07-06-2011 10:43 AM
    In case anyone has a similar issue, I did two things and so far haven't had this issue.
    I updated PE to 5.0.2 and
    I completely uninstalled Google Music, verified that it's folder had been removed from /Android/data
    reinstalled the App ONLY (from Titanium Backup) and I manually went in to the app and entered my ID info and re-pinned my songs.
    So, I'm not sure if it's bc I restored Data using Titanium Backup, or if it was possibly related to my version of PE (my gut says it was TB), but one of those seems to have fixed my problem.
    07-08-2011 05:44 AM
    Upgraded to most recent version of PE (v6.5) and problem started ocurring again.
    Tried the uninstall/install process I described above
    worked for a while, but started ocurring again.
    I finally encountered a day where EVERY reboot was wiping pinned songs, so I tried a a few new methods:
    1. Tried fixing permissions (without again uninstalling/reinstalling)
    and problem still ocurred.
    2. Tried uninstalling, fix permissions (ROM Manager), reinstall via market,
    setup account manually via google music (for some reason, couldn't select my account at first, So I rebooted prior to choosing the account to sync),
    reselect my pinned songs, allow for a few songs to be downloaded in queue, reboot
    problem is resolved for now. hopefully it stays this way.

As an FYI, every time I rebooted I used the power button menu, reboot option available in PE. Not sure if other reboot methods would have yielded different results.
    08-05-2011 06:01 AM
    09-06-2012 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD