Best way to view movies somewhere in the cloud on Android?

01steven

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I am currently in the US
My wife is currently in the UK for a few weeks and has an Android Phone there.
It's an ZTE Blade, now running Froyo.
She is not too technical and I'm trying to make this happen remotely without the phone in my hand!

Here's the challenge:

I have videos on my PC here that I want her to be able to watch on the android device

Youtube seems the obvious choice but some of these videos will be too long.
I was thinking about something like dropbox, but if the android dropbox app is anything like the iPhone version you can't watch videos in the app. Looks like it's the same for sugarsync too.

Any other suggestions for cloud based video storage which can then be viewed on the Android device?

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
You can download Videos into Google documents. The only problem here is you are only given 1GB free. After that you can purchase more storage space starting at 20GB for $5 / year.

This is all I can come up with for you.

01steven

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
You can download Videos into Google documents. The only problem here is you are only given 1GB free. After that you can purchase more storage space starting at 20GB for $5 / year.

This is all I can come up with for you.

You sure? Couldn't figure this out. Looks like in a presentation you can upload a youtube video only.

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded a WMV successfully using the Basic download. Keep the convert document box checked. Once it's uploaded to Google Docs you can either download it or view the video right in Google Documents.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34