Spotify VS youtube music

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I use YouTube music. I know that there are a lot of us here that don't like it, however when I use Spotify it's prediction engine that's algorithms I did not like it all. I did not like the type of music it predicted from me. YouTube music I love the interface and the way it predicts the music I'm going to actually enjoy listening to. The only problem with YouTube music, is it's $10 a month.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I've had YouTube Red/Play Music for over 5 years, once play music stops working I'm going to Spotify. YouTube Music is trash compared to Play Music.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I use both but prefer YouTube Music. It seems to be better in terms of variety.
See now, I agree with you. You're too busy seems great in terms of variety. I mean I don't download any music on my phone, I just stream 100% of the time so I Don't need that much from a music app at all. I just needed a built in digital equalizer so my bass sounds good.

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I can't decide what I'm going to do. I wish I could just pay a few bucks for no ads on youtube, then I'd definitely switch to something else after Play Music is shut down. The Play Music interface isn't perfect, but it's a hundred times better than the trash called YouTube Music.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm stuck with both. I'm keeping YT Music because of all of my music uploads, as well as having ad-free YouTube and a family account. But I need Spotify Premium so that I can access it in my car's system (which has Spotify built-in, but not Android Auto). And on top of that, I'll be subscribing to Amazon Music Unlimited for my 11 year old daughter for the next 2 years since she can't install regular YT Music nor Spotify on her iPhone due to age restrictions (yes, I was an honest citizen and told the truth about her age when I created her Google account). Amazon Music is the only music service I could install on her phone, and she uses my Amazon account for it. Oh well, at least the first 3 months are free.

mwara244

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I just transferred to YouTube music from my Google Play account YouTube music has videos why did it say it does not?

The first time I used YouTube music looking for music it started off playing the music video with the song I was listening to I didn't even know it did that.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You can toggle that on or off. Tap your profile pic at the upper right, then Settings, then look for the toggle for Don't Play Music Videos.