Anyone know of a good video editing app that doesn't require an annual subscription?
    09-07-2020 12:29 PM
    Been awhile since I've followed along with video editing apps but yeah subscriptions seem to be a big thing now, which I'm not a fan of either.

Right now I'm relying on Cyberlink's ActionDirector. It gives me most of the basic features I need for free (trim, crop, filters, transitions, music, text, change video speed, etc), no watermarks, and can produce in 4K, all w/o a subscription. Can purchase other filters, titles, stickers, and transitions within app if one chooses to do so.

I'm sure someone may know of something better yet I've been relying on Cyberlink for years for video editing software on my PC's so have a little more faith in them.
    09-07-2020 03:05 PM
    Been awhile since I've followed along with video editing apps but yeah subscriptions seem to be a big thing now, which I'm not a fan of either.

Right now I'm relying on Cyberlink's ActionDirector. It gives me most of the basic features I need for free (trim, crop, filters, transitions, music, text, change video speed, etc), no watermarks, and can produce in 4K, all w/o a subscription. Can purchase other filters, titles, stickers, and transitions within app if one chooses to do so.

I'm sure someone may know of something better yet I've been relying on Cyberlink for years for video editing software on my PC's so have a little more faith in them.
    Thank you. Just need basic trimming and maybe stiching some clips together.
    09-07-2020 03:07 PM
    ugh it went subscription as well.
    09-07-2020 03:15 PM
    I also use CyberLink for a bunch of work stuff. I only had to pay a one-time fee. Works well.
    09-07-2020 04:59 PM
    I use inshot. It is excellent and has a free tier. You can also pay a one off fee
    09-07-2020 05:00 PM
    I also use CyberLink for a bunch of work stuff. I only had to pay a one-time fee. Works well.
    Stinks. Like the trial of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Good Video Editing App-1935.jpg  
    09-07-2020 05:15 PM
    Stinks. Like the trial of it.
    Strange never ever seen that before! Is there no basic or just the choice for premium?

Been using Cyberlink on my mobile devices for years so maybe I'm grandfathered in dunno, don't even recall paying a one-time fee. Also use their stand-alone software on PC's (paid) and that's been for years too... Maybe this gave me the "in" so to speak way back when.
    09-07-2020 06:45 PM
    Anyone know of a good video editing app that doesn't require an annual subscription?
    I would also be interested in answers to this question.
    09-08-2020 12:20 PM
    Strange never ever seen that before! Is there no basic or just the choice for premium?

Been using Cyberlink on my mobile devices for years so maybe I'm grandfathered in dunno, don't even recall paying a one-time fee. Also use their stand-alone software on PC's (paid) and that's been for years too... Maybe this gave me the "in" so to speak way back when.
    I can save I think in sd format. Any higher res they want a subscription for. Or it was another app that was like that. Still searching. Wonder if the gopro app would do the trick.
    09-09-2020 12:30 PM
    I can save I think in sd format. Any higher res they want a subscription for. Or it was another app that was like that. Still searching. Wonder if the gopro app would do the trick.
    Hum yeah I must have an in then as can produce at SD, HD, FHD and even Ultra HD (4K) via PowerDirector or ActionDirector, also have various bitrates/frame rates to choose from along with many other features (w/o any fees).

GoPro app is way too limited IMHO.

The good old days where free gave one some control is over I think. Don't mind paying a one-time fee but despise these monthly's that seem common place these days. Will have to look into this further as there has to be something out there similar to what Cyberlink provides w/o a subscription.
    09-11-2020 12:13 PM
    Agreed. And the subscription pricing in my opinion is too much in my opinion.
    Elky64 likes this.
    09-13-2020 10:06 AM
    Agreed. And the subscription pricing in my opinion is too much in my opinion.
    For a frequent user's subscription pricing is probably worthy but for those who are casual, not so much. Too bad Android didn't offer something similar to Apple's "free" iMovie as that'd be good enough for me.
    09-15-2020 07:53 PM