Advice on a new Nokia phone (or other)

nt40lanman

May 11, 2015
Visit site
My Amazon Bargain S7 sucks. I used to love my Nokia Windows phones and their newest phones seem to be a great value. Also they seem to have Stock Android. I'm looking to stay near the size of my 145mm tall S7. I'm seeing 5.1, 6.1, 6.1 Plus, 7.1, not sure if anyone has advice that could help.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My Amazon Bargain S7 sucks. I used to love my Nokia Windows phones and their newest phones seem to be a great value. Also they seem to have Stock Android. I'm looking to stay near the size of my 145mm tall S7. I'm seeing 5.1, 6.1, 6.1 Plus, 7.1, not sure if anyone has advice that could help.

I love my 7.1. Perfect size. The 7.2 and upcoming 7.3 are larger. I love the Android one experience on Nokia. Not the greatest cameras but serviceable. Haptic feedback and speakerphone are below average. Sound when watching videos is decent. No bloatware at all.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Nokia phones are definitely worth a look, but just so that you know, the current manufacturer of Nokia phones is different from when they were making Windows Phones. Back then, it was Nokia/Microsoft, but after Microsoft essentially abandoned Windows Phone, the Nokia name was bought by a company called HMD Global.

If you're looking for a good budget/midrange phone with no bloatware, then you should definitely consider the Pixel 4a. The camera on it will be much better.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Nokia phones are definitely worth a look, but just so that you know, the current manufacturer of Nokia phones is different from when they were making Windows Phones. Back then, it was Nokia/Microsoft, but after Microsoft essentially abandoned Windows Phone, the Nokia name was bought by a company called HMD Global.

If you're looking for a good budget/midrange phone with no bloatware, then you should definitely consider the Pixel 4a. The camera on it will be much better.

The monthly security updates are always a month behind google but consistent. I'm on August patch and will get September end of month or so.

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I love my 7.1. Perfect size. The 7.2 and upcoming 7.3 are larger. I love the Android one experience on Nokia. Not the greatest cameras but serviceable. Haptic feedback and speakerphone are below average. Sound when watching videos is decent. No bloatware at all.
I agree with Tony. I love my 7.1 and have owned it for nearly two years now with no real problems at all.

Pixel's are good phones but their downside is they do not have SD card support. So if, like me, you have thousands of music files and photos, then go with Nokia.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Tony. I love my 7.1 and have owned it for nearly two years now with no real problems at all.

Pixel's are good phones but their downside is they do not have SD card support. So if, like me, you have thousands of music files and photos, then go with Nokia.

I really wish they would give us Android 11.

nt40lanman

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I think this may be the one but if anyone has any last suggestions I'd like to hear them.

Funny story, I had been messing with my beloved old Windows phone and it was in the car with me. My S7 kept dropping calls and I got angry and whipped the SIM out of it and put it in the Win phone. Worked just like I remember and didn't drop a call.

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
True. Still a solid device. I am holding off to see what the 7.3 brings to the table but if I was looking for a reliable no frills device, this is more than capable.
I'm also eagerly awaiting the 7.3's release but as it's a 5g device it's going to cost way more than the 7.1 did.

I did hear a rumor that there could be two version. A cheaper 7.3 with a MediaTek chipset. We will see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox