On a Samsung Galaxy Tab A running Android 8.1 Oreo, I've transferred storage for many apps from tablet's Internal Storage to the microSD card. Now I want to backup said microSD to a Windows 10 computer.

I understand that on the tablet's Internal Storage, I don't have access to all files, as the device is not rooted.

So here's the two questions:

1. When I read/copy the microSD to Windows 10, will I have access to ALL files on the microSD? That is, when I copy all the data over to Windows 10, will I also be copying all the apps and their associated data stored on microSD?

2. And so thusly, will this allow me to copy all that card data from Windows back onto a larger microSD and not lose any app or app data once the new, larger card is back in the tablet?

Many thanks for your time!
    09-18-2020 03:33 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I don't believe there would be any protected system directories on the SD card, so if you copied everything en masse to the PC hard drive, you should be able to get everything (but make sure you have the option in Windows File Explorer to Show Hidden Files/Folders turned on).

Putting that information back on another SD card should still work, since you didn't use a "Move to SD" feature on the tablet, and this isn't Adoptable Storage. But it might also depend on the app.
    09-18-2020 04:55 PM
    If there are protected files on the SD card, they tablet will still block access to them since they are protected.

If you put the SD card in a card reader, Windows should have access to everything.
    09-18-2020 09:12 PM