Email app recommendation for Yahoo account?

The1Metallian

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have been searching the Play store, I have tested countless apps and I can't find an email client for a Yahoo account that can push email and doesn't group emails, or at least makes Conversation mode optional.

Yes, there are some but either the interface is dated or the push doesn't really work very well. Lately I have been using BlueMail but the push hasn't been working very well and their support is almost non-existent.

Thanks!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I thought the Gmail app gave you the option to turn off Conversation Mode for non-Gmail accounts -- you've already looked into that?

The1Metallian

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
what about yahoo app? I use newtons but it is not free.

I have tried the Yahoo app on and off for years and although it does get better overtime, there's always some deal breaker. I think that the last time was the live ads inserted in the middle of the inbox.

I don't mind paying for the apps that I use unless they're very expensive or require a subscription. I looked up Newton, it's made by Cloudmagic, right? If yes, I know I tried it long time ago and I didn'tlikesomething., but I can try it again. It does have terrible reviews.

The1Metallian

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried spark mail. It is free and excellent. No ads.

Oh, yeah. Totally. But there is no way to disable Conversation mode / email grouping. If it wasn't for that, I would probably be using it.

There's one other annoyance, although it wouldn't be a total deal-breaker: I also added my Hotmail account to that app and it always defaults to combined inbox view instead of letting me choose which inbox will be my default view (there is a default for sending but not for Inbox view). But I could live with that. The Conversation mode, though, drives me friggin nuts.