Chrome issue with Twitter Links Pixel 2XL vs Tablet

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
On my Pixel 2xl, Android 11, I read some blogs that will link out to Twitter. UsingChrome on the phone, the links take me to a log in screen for Twitter. I don't use Twitter, and don't wish to create an id. If I use Firefox on my Pixel 2xl, the Twitter link goes to Twitter, and displays the message, and all subsequent messages to that topic. My cheap Walmart ONN tablet on Android 10, Chrome takes me to the Twitter link just fine. What is going on with Chrome on my Pixel 2xl? I have cleared the Chrome browser of cookies, etc.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

I hardly use Twitter myself -- can you actually read tweets even if you're not logged in?

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
My original post seems to take me here. I guess I will have to search that specific forum.

But yes, to answer you question, if someone posts a Twitter link, it will take you to the mobile website in your browser where you can read that post, read the response as well. Without having a Twitter logon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci