Chrome keeps freezing on my Galaxy tablet!!

kindakooky

Sep 17, 2019
Visit site
I use the Chrome app on my Galaxy Tab A and usually I have no issues with it, but recently I'm finding it keeps freezing for no obvious reason. Sometimes - like just now - it freezes and then crashes out too. I've checked and the Chrome app is up to date and so is the version of Android I'm running (Android 10.)

Can anyone help please?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Have you already tried clearing the Chrome app cache/data in the Settings>Apps​ menu?

kindakooky

Sep 17, 2019
Visit site
I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Have you already tried clearing the Chrome app cache/data in the Settings>Apps​ menu?
Hi

Yes, I have already tried clearing the app cache/data but it hasn't helped, it still keeps freezing.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi

Yes, I have already tried clearing the app cache/data but it hasn't helped, it still keeps freezing.

It might be time to uninstall/reinstall chrome. If you have sync turned on it's super easy to do, just uninstall it and go to the Google play store and install the latest version. It will automatically sync everything in the browser, settings, bookmarks, passwords, auto fill etc.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
do any of the other browsers freeze? Are you using any add-ons/extensions? If you are, try disabling them. Did you install chrome? If it came with the tablet, you may not be able to uninstall it but it is worth the shot.

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
I use the Chrome app on my Galaxy Tab A and usually I have no issues with it, but recently I'm finding it keeps freezing for no obvious reason. Sometimes - like just now - it freezes and then crashes out too. I've checked and the Chrome app is up to date and so is the version of Android I'm running (Android 10.)

Can anyone help please?

I've been watching this myself. My phone freezes during the day and not just on Chrome. I've sent in reports note for about a week. Some days are better than others but still a letdown.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'd keep an eye on when the next Android System Webview update rolls out -- hopefully they will have fixed that bug by then. Make sure to send feedback to Google about this problem, telling them the exact device you have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22