Pixel 4a iMessages issues - Help!!!

subaruzi

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
I got a 4a and ever since my friends are having issues texting me in a group. They're all on iPhones. I've always been on Android so I don't have imessage. Didn't have any issues with my previous Motorola. They've all reported issues since I made the switch. They'll send text and get error saying it wasn't sent. They'll resend and it comes through.

Have you heard of others having this issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the General News forum to the General Help forum.

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I got a 4a and ever since my friends are having issues texting me in a group. They're all on iPhones. I've always been on Android so I don't have imessage. Didn't have any issues with my previous Motorola. They've all reported issues since I made the switch. They'll send text and get error saying it wasn't sent. They'll resend and it comes through.

Have you heard of others having this issue?
Are you able to receive picture messages from an individual iphone? If not your phone might not have the correct apn/mms settings

subaruzi

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
I can receive pictures.

It is sporadic in not sending. I just got a picture and then a flurry of texts from an iPhone chain. Earlier today one of my friend's called me to tell me he wasn't able to send a text on a 3 person chain.

subaruzi

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
They'll get a 'cannot send' error and if they try to send again it will go through. They might have to try to resend multiple times but it usually gets sent.

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I can receive pictures.

It is sporadic in not sending. I just got a picture and then a flurry of texts from an iPhone chain. Earlier today one of my friend's called me to tell me he wasn't able to send a text on a 3 person chain.
As a frequent switcher this is a rather common issue.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Deregister your imessage there even if you already have.

At this point I've had it take up to two weeks for things to fix themselves.

Basically your friends iPhones think you still have an iPhone so the texts are being held up in Apples servers.

You can try having everyone delete the group chat and then start a new one but I've had mixed results with this

You could also have everyone go into their messages settings on their iPhones and make sure send as SMS is enabled because it is disabled by default.

subaruzi

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
I've never had an iPhone so I've never had imessages.

Why would my old phone have no problems and this new one suddenly have issues? I can't ask everyone who texts me to go change settings on their phones.

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site

Why would my old phone have no problems and this new one suddenly have issues? I can't ask everyone who texts me to go change settings on their phones.
I'm sorry I forgot your said you'd never had one. The only thing I can think is incorrect apn/mms settings but if it's sporadic then that seems unlikely. Hoping someone else has some input.

subaruzi

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
Just cleared cache, force stopped and reopened. I'll see if there's still issues by how much people complain.

Also weird it's only on groups and not 1:1 messages.

Any other suggestions I'm open to.

I might be the only one in the group on Verizon and their all ATT. I'll double-check that

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Just cleared cache, force stopped and reopened. I'll see if there's still issues by how much people complain.

Also weird it's only on groups and not 1:1 messages.

Any other suggestions I'm open to.

I might be the only one in the group on Verizon and their all ATT. I'll double-check that
Group messages you MMS instead of SMS. I almost always have issues with group chats and iPhones.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Does the same issue persist with a third-party SMS app, like Textra?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2