Seeking recommendations for an accurate stylus pen

MotoRos

Jan 2, 2018
Visit site
I have been using a couple of Meko high-sensitive styluses with disc tips and am looking for a replacement, as they are getting old and losing sensitivity. They have worked well compared to the regular round tip styluses but are not particularly accurate for drawing precise lines or coloring small areas. I am looking for something that feels more like a real pen or pencil. After searching on Amazon for "active" styluses, it seems that the best ones are for iOS devices, some of (Searching on Amazon has been driving me crazy because even though I've specified Android it keeps showing me all styluses including those compatible with Apple and Surface devices only.)

Does anybody have any any recommendations for a precision stylus for an Android tablet (specifically, Lenovo M8)? Is an active stylus better than a passive one with the disc tips?

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I didn't even know we had another choice other than the S-Pen... I'd be interested to see what you get for replies!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
"The S Pen has the same design, look, and feel as the Note 10 series, but the latency of the S Pen has been improved from 45ms down to 9ms. By the way, the Note 20 latency is 26ms, better than the Note 10 but not as good as the Note 20 Ultra"

From Samsung website I'm quoting, which do you have the regular Note20 Or the N20U?

Apples pencil about Same as the Note 20U

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
"The S Pen has the same design, look, and feel as the Note 10 series, but the latency of the S Pen has been improved from 45ms down to 9ms. By the way, the Note 20 latency is 26ms, better than the Note 10 but not as good as the Note 20 Ultra"

From Samsung website I'm quoting, which do you have the regular Note20 Or the N20U?

Apples pencil about Same as the Note 20U

After re-reading her post, looks like neither - "Does anybody have any any recommendations for a precision stylus for an Android tablet (specifically, Lenovo M8)?" Not sure why she picked this Forum?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
After re-reading her post, looks like neither - "Does anybody have any any recommendations for a precision stylus for an Android tablet (specifically, Lenovo M8)?" Not sure why she picked this Forum?
Just re-read also , going have to move this

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The $25-$35 (on eBay) active stili are all about the same - the tip is a bit thick for fine drawing, but they're accurate. (Not to one pixel width, but not bad.) AS accurate as a 0.3mm pencil? You won't find anything. The touch screen sets the minimum possible accuracy.