Quick question. Will a blacklisted phone work in another country??

I ask because i sometimes buy phones from online sellers (they of course have feedback and run their own shops) so i never doubted for they could be scammers etc

However a friend has just claimed that one of these sellers buys stolen phones from the uk (brand new sealed) but that because they work here in Ireland he sells them and nobody is none the wiser because they work here!

Is this true? I always thought blacklisted meant the device could not be used, period!
    10-28-2020 08:29 PM
    Worked at Verizon 2012-2016, we had 3 of our stores broken into and over 100 iPhones stolen probably in 2015. I thought they were paperweights at this point, police and Verizon management told me the phones would still work if sent over seas. Was actually told a $700 iPhone stolen in the US would fetch $1500 in Africa.
    10-28-2020 09:38 PM
    Have you or your friend reported this seller to the police?
    10-30-2020 07:42 AM
    Quick question. Will a blacklisted phone work in another country??

I ask because i sometimes buy phones from online sellers (they of course have feedback and run their own shops) so i never doubted for they could be scammers etc

However a friend has just claimed that one of these sellers buys stolen phones from the uk (brand new sealed) but that because they work here in Ireland he sells them and nobody is none the wiser because they work here!

Is this true? I always thought blacklisted meant the device could not be used, period!
    Sounds like it could be a nice sideline.... and they say you can't get useful information from here
    10-31-2020 05:08 AM