I recently created a new Google account (plan on deleting the old one).

However, vary rarely when logging into Gmail, I get the following error:

"We’re sorry, but your account is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience and suggest trying again in a few minutes. You can view the G Suite Status Dashboard for the current status of the service".

I have no idea why this error pops up. I've never had it appear on my old Google account.

Browser is up-to-date, no extensions installed and also tried to clear my cookies and cache.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    11-17-2020 02:12 PM
    Are you actually using G Suite (now called Google Workspace)? https://workspace.google.com/
    11-17-2020 03:03 PM
    Are you actually using G Suite (now called Google Workspace)? https://workspace.google.com/
    I am not. It's a personal Google account - not a business one. I double-checked and the Account Type is "Individual".

Not sure why the error would pop up if I have nothing to do with G Suite. It appears sometimes when i try to log into my Gmail.

I really hope nothing messed up when creating the new account (like creating an unrecoverable glitch or something). It shouldn't have any relevance to the error, considering 99% of the time I log in just fine to Gmail, right?
    11-17-2020 04:21 PM
    This is only when trying to check your Gmail on a computer browser? Are you using Chrome or a different browser?
    11-17-2020 04:46 PM
    This is only when trying to check your Gmail on a computer browser? Are you using Chrome or a different browser?

Yes, only on my laptop and when using Chrome.

No errors when accessing Gmail from my phone - haven't tried any other browser. It happens so rarely even on Chrome that trying another browser would mean clicking 100 times and hoping to catch a lightning.

Is it safe to assume it has nothing to do with the account creation 5 days ago and that nothing went wrong when I made it?
    11-17-2020 05:16 PM
    I've never seen this, so it's hard to say why it's happening. Do you have a lot of Chrome extensions installed?
    11-17-2020 07:31 PM
    I've never seen this, so it's hard to say why it's happening. Do you have a lot of Chrome extensions installed?

Only Google Docs (slides, sheets, etc).
    11-18-2020 03:05 AM
    I think I may have found the culprit.

This only happens when I switch between Google Accounts on Chrome.

When I log out from one account and log into the other, I usually log into Gmail by searching "Inbox" on my Chrome address tab. What happens is that my first search history suggestion provides my old account address while i am actually logged into my new one.

This seems to cause some hiccup as Chrome tries to enter my old account's Gmail for a few miliseconds, but it detects i am in the other one and something seems to break.

Don't want to jinx it, but the problem seems to go away when I delete the cookies, cache and only log into one Google account.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-18-2020 07:18 AM
    Ah, that would make sense. Using a URL from your history might include some other specific parameter that confuses the browser. Does it ever happen if you sign out and sign in using a more proper way (i.e., clicking the user profile pic at the upper right of any Google page)?
    11-18-2020 12:45 PM
    Ah, that would make sense. Using a URL from your history might include some other specific parameter that confuses the browser. Does it ever happen if you sign out and sign in using a more proper way (i.e., clicking the user profile pic at the upper right of any Google page)?
    That's the way i usually sign between Google accounts (from the top tight corner, by clicking my user page). The error doesn't seem to happen when i select Gmail from the profile drop-down menu, so it has to be browser history specific.

Let's say i have accounts "123" and "345". I am logged in at "345". The address line in Chrome usually starts with (e.g) "Inbox - 123@ gmail.com - Gmail.com..." - as it keeps the history of that other account. When i click, it leads me to that error page (as Chrome seems to initially try logging into that other account's Gmail). In a few seconds, however, it successfully logs into the Gmail of the correct account.
    11-18-2020 01:08 PM