My wife's Samsung S7 is not responding. At times it will not charge just appears dead, when it does all of a sudden charge, i charge it to a certain amount and then switch on. It will not go past the boot screen when the words Samsung appears on the screen with a blue light present. The screen then goes black the blue light remains on and eventually the light goes out but then it will not seem to charge at all. I have tried all the reboot / safe mode start ups etc that can be found on the internet but the buttons seem unresponsive nothing happens, even when i have got the phone to charge it still makes no difference. My Wife has literally just ordered a new phone so it is not a massive deal if the phone will not work again but there is a number of pictures on the phone that we are desperate to retrieve. Does anyone have any ideas?
    11-21-2020 05:40 PM
    It sounds like a failing battery. You'd have to bring it to a repair shop to replace the battery, which doesn't sound worthwhile at this point.
    11-21-2020 10:31 PM
    Yes this is my fear like I said in the post we don't really need the phone functional anymore but would like to be able to get photos off etc. Just wondering if that would be a possibility?
    11-22-2020 03:01 AM
    Have you already tried keeping it plugged in overnight undisturbed, and then trying to power on while it's still plugged in?

Is an SD card inserted? If so, any chance the photos were being saved to the card by default?
    J Dubbs likes this.
    11-22-2020 12:38 PM
    Sadly not all photos are on the SD card that was inserted. The phone is charged to 100% try to turn it on and it crashes on load up. Try the robot options still nothing even when plugged in :-(
    11-22-2020 02:07 PM
    You also tried booting into Recovery and wiping the cache partition? https://www.t-mobile.com/support/dev...galaxy-s7-edge
    J Dubbs likes this.
    11-22-2020 08:02 PM
    And take a look at Google Photos to see if they were backed up.
    11-23-2020 01:19 PM