I can’t use my cellular phone app because every time I try I get a black screen with a padlock image and a “double tap to unlock” message overlaying the screen. Even if I try a double-tap I don’t get enough time before the message is back. How do I delete this message for ever !

Android 9 on Samsung tab A 8” T295 2019 model
    11-30-2020 04:35 AM
    Has this ever worked in the past? Tablets generally don't have phone capability.
    11-30-2020 07:12 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Can you clarify -- you're trying to use your tablet as a phone? As hallux mentioned, even if it has LTE, tablets don't have true telephony (the LTE is only for mobile data). Which phone app are you trying to use?
    11-30-2020 12:41 PM
    It is a brand new Samsung Android version 10 tablet with a receptacle for a regular SIM card and the usual green phone icon, so it is an app which comes already installed. In effect it is a 7 inch sized phone. I think the model is called SM-T295 and has a regular IMEI number.

To use it as a phone I first click on the screen icon, a white phone surrounded by green, which takes me to a page headed “Phone” with - Keypad. Recents. Contacts. at foot of screen. I then click on Keypad to get the dialling number layout. When I then dial a U.K. phone number the number is dialled out but almost immediately the screen is overlaid by a black covering with a padlock symbol in the center with the words “double tap to unlock” showing. So I now cannot get to e.g. the loudspeaker control which was on the screen effectively under the black cover. If I do actually double-tap the black cover disappears for about 5 secs then returns.

So I need to find a way of suppressing the padlock/ black screen.
    11-30-2020 02:10 PM
    I find considerable internet correspondence about this problem, but most of the suggested remedies are for previous versions of Android so don’t work on version 10. So it appears to be a problem of settings, and possibly lack of a position sensor.
    11-30-2020 02:23 PM
    It is a brand new Samsung Android version 10 tablet with a receptacle for a regular SIM card and the usual green phone icon, so it is an app which comes already installed. In effect it is a 7 inch sized phone. I think the model is called SM-T295 and has a regular IMEI number.

To use it as a phone I first click on the screen icon, a white phone surrounded by green, which takes me to a page headed “Phone” with - Keypad. Recents. Contacts. at foot of screen. I then click on Keypad to get the dialling number layout. When I then dial a U.K. phone number the number is dialled out but almost immediately the screen is overlaid by a black covering with a padlock symbol in the center with the words “double tap to unlock” showing. So I now cannot get to e.g. the loudspeaker control which was on the screen effectively under the black cover. If I do actually double-tap the black cover disappears for about 5 secs then returns.

So I need to find a way of suppressing the padlock/ black screen.
    Can you post a screenshot of this padlock and anything else to help you ? Is this on lock screen or already in the tablet

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=413366
    11-30-2020 07:40 PM