Home Android Central Q&A > General Help and How To

System data storage space crazy?

Asked: Dec 13 2020 | 5:16 pm EST 763 Views 7 Answers View Best Answer

Just received new "Chinese" android tablet. 500 GB storage. Downloaded about 6 GB of TV shows from torrents. I noticed when I checked the storage in settings the available storage had dropped to about 200 GB. Wow where did it go. It was moved to " inaccessible android files" . I deleted the TV shows and now the system files are at 97 GB which is outrageously large but…..what's going on ...any ideas. I removed one movie at 1.3 GB and got back 30 GB of storage. What good is 500 GB if every GB requires 30. Any ideas?

Best Answer

Dec 13 2020 | 6:49 pm EST B. Diddy

Welcome to Android Central! Almost certainly a device that was advertised with false specs (and was programmed to report false specs). If you watch those Smoorez YouTube videos as suggested by Kizzy Catwoman, you can try running some of the various system info apps he uses to reveal the true specs of the device

Gonna close this thread, since we're not going to continue discussing illegally obtaining copyrighted media.

More Answers

Dec 13 2020 | 5:47 pm EST belodion

Are you sure that it has 500GB? ...Which itself is a strange figure: one would expect 512GB.

Also, torrenting is or may be illegal. The thread may be closed therefore.

Dec 13 2020 | 6:12 pm EST Kizzy Catwoman

My only advice is to watch Smoorez on YouTube and see how they fake the stats on these Chinese Wish tablets. But, yes torrenting is illegal and we can't offer any further advice.

Dec 14 2020 | 9:14 am EST anon(10721151)

I just received a new "Chinese" Andriod Tablet. 500 GB storage Android 9.0. I didn't pay attention to the storage allocation until I downloaded about 6GB of TV shows and noticed the (Inaccessible) system files were taking up over 200GB of my "large storage". Finding no answers for this online I am at a loss. The tablet is not rooted but on a "view" of the root directory the space is not accounted for.
On a thought I deleted about 4GB of the TV shows and surprise the "system files size reduced to about 125 GB. Another movie deletion of 1.5 GB brought it down another 30GB.
I am know seeing a system files size of 96GB (which is gigantic) with my regular storage of 1.5 GB apps + 200 MB media.
Can anyone explain this?
Not a big deal as the unit is to simply replace an E-reader and it functions fine but....
It is good to have 500GB of storage if it takes 30Gb of system to store 1.5GB of media.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks

Dec 14 2020 | 5:33 pm EST mustang7757

Hi, welcome to AC!

I hear some of those Chinese tablets could give wrong storage , what's the name of the tablet and model ?

Dec 15 2020 | 7:08 am EST anon(10721151)

The build number is "TAB910_vEN52S3_20200416". When googled ....all the specs come up. The Mfg is "Jlinksz". I have loaded several different storage analyzer apps and they are consistent with the information. It looks like a software/cache situation but I know very little about such. It has not and probably will not be a problem but it keeps me from using the storage for movie storage. Any ideas for solving or anyone with a similar product for comparison would be appreciated.
Thanks

Dec 19 2020 | 5:33 pm EST B. Diddy

Duplicate threads merged. See previous answer, and why the thread was closed.