Hello.
    I have a Panasonic FZ-T1 and it's locked.
    I can't do a hard reset without the pin code.

I just bought it from a private person and who honestly told me that they did not put a pin code there. It is brand new and has not been used.

How can I reset it? Is it the factory pin code I should have?
    01-09-2021 08:48 AM
    In short, they lied to you most likely. A new device should not have any roadblocks to getting set up.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    01-09-2021 09:13 AM
    Hi, welcome to AC !

You didn't try to open the phone in front of that person ? At this point not much u can do but try contact that person or toss it as a loss .
    J Dubbs likes this.
    01-09-2021 10:17 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunate situation. How do you know it was "brand new"? That phone was released over 2 years ago, so it was more likely to be used (or at least refurbished). Remember, anyone can get a machine that shrink wraps a box.

Was this an in-person transaction, or was it on eBay or a similar online marketplace? eBay has good protections for buyers.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    01-09-2021 12:35 PM
    The person who sold it forgot to reset it to factory settings. The person then gave me some options on what the pin code might be. The problem is solved. Thanks for your help.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-09-2021 03:04 PM
    Oh good, I'm glad the seller was cooperative. Enjoy!
    01-09-2021 03:06 PM
    That's unusual that a seller is that helpful. Glad you got it sorted out. Hopefully their account was not still on the device and any future resets are not an issue.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-09-2021 03:37 PM
    Good point. After entering the PIN, I'd immediately go to Settings>Backup & Reset and perform a full factory reset (which should remove the previous owner's account properly, if it's still there).
    01-09-2021 05:52 PM
    The person who sold it forgot to reset it to factory settings. The person then gave me some options on what the pin code might be. The problem is solved. Thanks for your help.
    Try to factory reset in settings make sure that person account isn't on there .
    01-09-2021 06:57 PM
    Oh good, I'm glad the seller was cooperative. Enjoy!
    That's unusual that a seller is that helpful. Glad you got it sorted out. Hopefully their account was not still on the device and any future resets are not an issue.
    Good point. After entering the PIN, I'd immediately go to Settings>Backup & Reset and perform a full factory reset (which should remove the previous owner's account properly, if it's still there).
    Try to factory reset in settings make sure that person account isn't on there .
    I hope these quotes works. This is the first time I use this forum.
    I reseted the phone to factory settings immediately. I tested the phone a bit yesterday and today I will test it more. It seems to work normally without problems and the battery lives up to what Panasonic has promised when it was new. From my point of view, I agree with the person who sold it, it's brand new. I think the person who sold it, made a mistake when he did not reset it to factory settings. Because it seems like he just tested it quickly and forgot to reset it. No scratches on the screen either.

I did not buy it from Ebay or Amazon. I bought it from the Finnish second hand website Tori.

Thank you for your help.
    mustang7757 and B. Diddy like this.
    01-10-2021 01:15 AM
    I hope these quotes works. This is the first time I use this forum.
    I reseted the phone to factory settings immediately. I tested the phone a bit yesterday and today I will test it more. It seems to work normally without problems and the battery lives up to what Panasonic has promised when it was new. From my point of view, I agree with the person who sold it, it's brand new. I think the person who sold it, made a mistake when he did not reset it to factory settings. Because it seems like he just tested it quickly and forgot to reset it. No scratches on the screen either.

I did not buy it from Ebay or Amazon. I bought it from the Finnish second hand website Tori.

Thank you for your help.
    You did a good job quoting us
    Ok good , just didn't want you to have issues down the road
    01-10-2021 01:17 PM